Cricket Part II

Lineage

1 Like

I really hope the windies get their $hit together one day soon

1 Like

Watching them fold on a good track today was depressing. If that eleven contains the best of batsmen playing at first class level in the West Indies then they are doomed for decades.
Terrible techniques, poor shot selection, lack of discipline - reckon most of their batsmen would struggle at first grade level here.

1 Like

Time to give up on those hopes i reckon.
Iā€™ll be stunned if theyā€™re ever good again

Twenty twenty champs means ā– ā– ā– ā–  all to me. Whoopie do swing a bat Chris gayle chats up reporters.
Thatā€™s where all their talent goes.
If it meant Australia never won a series for the next twenty years against them Iā€™d want a holding, a richards, a garner, a Marshall, Lara, Ambrose, Haynes, dujon, grenidge etc etc etc.
Actually who else would you add to that group - I feel like Iā€™ve missed someone

1 Like

Patrick Patterson;

Windies can barely play the 50 over game, not long before they ditch the test format altogether and place all focus and resources on the short formats.

A while back they said player talent will be drained by nba, baseball etc. I donā€™t think even thatā€™s happened let alone an excuse.

Pretty sure their players donā€™t get paid that much for tests, so all the good talent ends up playing white ball cricket for the cash.

Itā€™s sad how far they have fallen as cricketing nation

1 Like

Lack of cash and lack of real leadership is a huge issue for the West Indies. The fact that itā€™s so many different countries that make up the team doesnā€™t help as there are always different political agendas at play. It would be great if they could get their shot together but with the professionalism in the sport now I just canā€™t see them putting in the structures that will allow them to compete regularly with the bigger nations. They will still continue to produce freak cricketers.

2 Likes

The one youā€™re searching for I suspect is Garfield Sobers ! But there were so many great West Indian cricketers. Think of Worrell, Walcott and Weeks, those two little pals of mine, Ramadhin and Valentine, and from an earlier time the great Learie Constantine and George Headley.

1 Like

andy roberts would be handy as well. croft would be handy. loved watching w/i quicks but wouldbeen packing it if i ever faced one off a 2 step run up

I missed the Siddle review.

Also great catch to start the match!

Siddle review wasted. Was bat first.

Lyon on a hat-trick now

Didnā€™t get itā€¦
But got another next ball!

And then no wicket
But one the ball after!

4 wickets in 6 balls Lyon tearing them a new one

1 Like

I think I love cricket again.
How good is sports