Cricket Part II

NZ unlucky mate

6 down, 454 ahead. Christian and Gotch have so far batted for 39 overs. One day to play so 96 overs minimum with the asking rate already at 4.5 and climbing. Vics won’t declare so up to S.A. to take the last 4 wickets very quick.

Although last 4 wickets in first innings fell within 4 overs so anything is possible

It’s over and has been for some time. Think we will probably bowl you out just after lunch and the game will get called early unless we collapse

Australia has maintained its world number 1 ranking in whinging.

Not true, India took that mantle after the series was won by them.

5 Likes

Vics rolled for 323
Zampa massively improved from his 1/322 in the first dig - 2/86 this time around - and South Australia used 8 bowlers!!

South Australia 2/15 chasing 524. Might be tricky.
Holland already on in the 4th over, Pattinson has been dragged after taking both wickets.

1 Like

Another SS for the VICS

3 Likes

3 in a row

Pretty impressive performance given most of the middle order, including the captain, are touring in India (Stoinis, Handscomb, Maxwell & Wade)

SA pretty much at full strength.

Chadd Sayers super impressive year, again. Getting hard to ignore, particularly with England coming up.

1 Like

I must admit I was surprised he wasn’t picked ahead of Cummins (not that the selectors got it wrong though).

The selectors will always pick Cummins, whether he’s proved his fitness or not.
They don’t rate Sayers cos he doesn’t bowl 145km/h

Yep, McGrath never would of got a game under these selectors

Yes he would have.

Cummins, Starc and Pattinson have two things that Sayers doesn’t - sheer pace and raw hostility.

Sayers has to fight with Hazelwood and Bird for a spot.

3 Likes

And no one likes his brother Leo.

7 Likes

More like Uncle than brother.

1 Like

So my ashes team looks something like:

Warner
Renshaw
Smith
Khawaja
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

1 Like

Yeah, probably Smith to number 4.

I’d personally love to see Sayers get a gig as he’s been burning the house down in SS but Hazlewood is too good to replace and Cummins has proven himself in India.

Did they can those 2 tests against Bangladesh that were scheduled for August?

Not confirmed either way yet. Apparently they’re still a chance (might depend on whether our security team thinks we will win or not).

1 Like

Would love to see Patto in for lyon just for the fact to see 3 hostile fast bowlers going at it. Need Lyon for balance though

1 Like