Cricket Part II

Exactly my thought. Patto pretty unlucky to miss out but the balance of the other three just edge past him. Carries the drinks but only just. If only we had the same competition for spots among the batting. If Wade was better with the bat you could possible make the case of putting him up to 6 as Starc, Pattinson and Cummins can all bat a bit. But, you fark with the keeper at 7 thing at your own peril.

Oā€™keefe fined for innappropriate tweets after steve waugh medal. $20,000 fine and suspended from matador cup. Anyone know what he said?

Not sure but he still hasnā€™t learnt how to drink appropriately.

"At an official Cricket NSW function I became intoxicated and made highly inappropriate comments. There is no excuse for this and I take full responsibility and offer an unconditional apology,ā€ he said.
"I have a big challenge ahead and I am determined to meet it with actions, not just words.
"To all of the members of the cricket family I love and respect so much, again, apologies for letting you down.ā€

If alcohol causes you to behave in a socially adverse or destructive fashionā€¦then donā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  drink.

Plenty of people can drink and not make complete arseholes of themselves, plenty canā€™t.

In fact, alcohol has helped ugly people have sex for yonks.

3 Likes

Youā€™re kidding yourself if you donā€™t think thereā€™ll be a marsh there

Lehmann was suggesting the other day that Maxwell was only in line as #6 if they didnā€™t want the bowling option of Marsh.

Marsh should be forced to go back and do what Cartwright didā€¦make a shitload of runs at Shield level. A veritable Bonanza for Cartwright.

1 Like

Iā€™d take Maxwell over Marsh any day. At least Maxwell makes runs, quickly or not and can actually score over 10. I also hope they replace S Marsh with Khawaja asap.

If marsh is the bowling option then why did he only bowl around 8 overs in India?

And pretty sure thatā€™s not the first time SOā€™K has been in trouble due to alcohol. Surely you canā€™t be getting picked to represent Australia with these kind of problems (these days anyway)

I donā€™t think were scheduled to play another test in asia for 2 years. SOā€™K isnā€™t getting any younger, but heā€™d still be 34 at that time, so if his form is still okay and he can sort his ā– ā– ā– ā–  out, he might still get another game.

The Marsh family must have some photoā€™s that would put Boltonā€™s to shame.

Chris Lynn(sanity) goes crazy in the IPL. 93* (41 balls 6 x 4s 8 x 6s)

1 Like

Exactly. This is the biggest deceit of the whole MMarsh thing. Heā€™s far more talented a bowler than bat, but he comes in as a Test #6 who bowls 5 overs an innings. Heā€™s the wrong fit.
Test side needs a Stoinis/Maxwell style all-rounder, good enough to bat top 6 on their own merits, with the bowling a bonus into the bargain.
Iā€™d be inclined to view MMarsh only as an opening bowler for India/Sri Lanka, when your openers bowl a 5 over spell to start and another 5 over spell with the 2nd new ball. He gets found out at number 6, but I think heā€™d be a weapon at 8.

1 Like

Those bleached tips? shocker!

M.Marsh has yet to prove he is first class standard. Worst selection in my time following cricket.

1 Like

Selectors donā€™t like Faulkner and Khawaja anymore, both dumped from the Aussie ODI side.

I see your Mitch Marsh and I raise you Beau Casson.

Difference is Beau Casson got one or two tests - Marsh over 20 tests.

1 Like

Heā€™d get a guernsey for every single State, no doubt whatsoever.
Big big gap between decent State/County player and Test player. Especially given heā€™s not really sure (as yet) whether heā€™s a bowler who bats or vice versa. Heā€™s just good enough to do a bit of both in Shield without being good enough for either string to win him a Test spot.

Yeah look I donā€™t think Mitch Marsh being selected was a bad decision.

His continued selection, on the other hand, surely borders on some sort of national disgrace.

3 Likes

lol nice one Viratā€¦

A cricket team boasting the talents of superstars Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers has collapsed for just 49 runs to set an embarrassing new record in the Indian Premier League.