Cricket Part II

Glad to see the selectors ignoring the option of developing a young player and are contemplating giving Shaun Marsh another chance at 6. FMD…

2 Likes

Boof Lehmann has made a century since Paine’s last one

2 Likes

That just cannot be right.

Shaun Marsh could score 1000 runs in this Ashes series and it would still be the wrong decision to pick him for the 1st Test.

We crap on about the boys club that runs the AFL, the one that runs the Australian Cricket team is just as bad. The only way you can explain the number of opportunities that the Marsh brothers have got is because they are Swampy’s sons. It is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

3 Likes

Every time you put money into a pokie you are getting closer to that jackpot that will put you back in front.

1 Like

All major media and Cricket Australia running with that team. Shaun Marsh what a joke. Shows how poor our batting depth is.

I’m no doubt in the minority, but minus Shaun Marsh I like the changes

Can Paine flap his gums? Super important I hear

1 Like

2 Likes

Bancroft I get, Paine and Marsh i do not get.

2 Likes

CA website running with the Paine story now, too. This would just about be the Ashes ‘bolter’ to top them all if he’s picked.

@nickyd must have worked his magic for Paine!

I can only think they didn’t want too many inexperienced players in the team, which is why marsh beat the other options out there. 6 onwards has been weak for us for a while, throw seasoned players there to hold it together.

An understandable approach. I am just not sure Marsh is a player who can hold it together. I suspect it’s only the selectors who think that way.

Confirmed:

Bold move by the selectors, hopefully it works out!

Marsh back for the eighth time.

Shaun Marsh FMD.

Australia must be confident to go into a Test with only 10 players!

1 Like

Yes, Marsh will probably hold it together for a dozen or so deliveries.

Can’t handle a ball moving sideways, so pick him for the pitch with most sideways movement.

For his talent, Paine is an underachiever with the bat. Rubbish record at 1st class level. 91 matches, 1 century, averages 29. Is he a better keeper than Neville? Not sure he is.

Renshaw decision is utter bollocks. Absolutely should have played the first couple.

2 Likes