Cricket Part III

Patto on his day is the best bowler in the country. Starting to doubt we’ll see him back in the Test team, sadly.

Id say a hell of a lot more than you boy

Haha… well try and justify your reasoning for leaving out a bloke who averages 50 with the bat in test cricket, because with that opinion you’re starting from a long way back

1 Like

Nah, clearly

Pujara would not only be the first picked batter in our side he would probably be skipper and coach.

2 Likes

We’re definitely a bowler short. Whether it’s Patto we need or a leggie like Abdul I don’t know. The problem is our batting is so fugging brittle that playing another bowler would be a hell of a risk.

Our batting is so bad that Patto would actually be a benefit to our batting stocks

All the talk before play yesterday was about how Lyon would love the conditions and how he would clean them up yet I thought he was quite poor yesterday. An offies greatest weapon is turning it in to the RH’s and getting one to bite a bit more and take bring the bat pad into play but for the majority of the day he bowledfar too straight. Far too much starting on middle to leg for my liking

3 Likes

our bowling is the biggest let down in this so far. you need a bit of mongrel to keep running in from a long run up. they should try the bumrah approach. mitch johnson’s run up was shorter than the main bowlers we have but he at least got the ball to rear sharply instead of skid through. especially seeing the 2 main bowlers are over 6ft 5 or so. new zealand use wagner well in short spells to really attack the body to unsettle the batsmen when they get too comfortable

So it’s OK to run Gambling ad’s for Big Bash etc in the middle of the day, just 30 mins before a Test Match broadcast is it?

I thought they banned this?

You watching 7?

Not anymore, Brayshaw came on.

3 Likes

Beautifully bowled. Not much turn but the length was perfect.

Gaz, big wicket to get before the new ball.

This’ll be interesting. Breeze might help Starc inswinger

Not at that length though.

That was wicketkeeping pr0n. Claiming the feather nick and swiping the stumps off for good measure.

Not a bad way to kick off the days proceedings.

Paine muffed a very, very gettable run-out just then.

It was a horrible throw.

3 Likes