Cricket Part III

Have never seen an Aussie team struggle so much with short balls, this has always been a strength of ours
In fact I can barely recall any pull/hook shots in this series

FFS get me into the Australian test side, and I will show these clowns how you sit at the crease for a full day.

It won’t be pretty, but I garruntee I won’t be throwing my wicket away like all these idiots.

Ive been saying this for the last years that when its gets tough they dont value there wicket highly enough…

Take yesterday 7 minutes before lunch and down the wicket he came and returned a catch to the bowler…7 farkin minutes he should of shut up shop.

its poor situational awareness and a few of them suffer from it.

2 Likes

Absolutely.

That whole side have no ability to use their feet at the crease. 90% of those wickets happened because the batsman had absolutely no footwork at all. Dabbing your bat at the ball is not a convincing shot.

But I guarruntee this side would be brilliant at finding cheap runs over the keepers head and reverse sweeps. F*cken p!ss this 20/20 bullsh!t off and start forcing these blokes to play more first class cricket.

2 Likes

My feeling was that if batsmen couldn’t pick the bowler, they’d get down and sweep knowing they couldn’t get given out (by your reasoning). To me, this is just as good a rule as the one saying you could be given out padding up outside off. Back in 1974-75, the Poms were just padding up.

Too many advantages given to the batsmen.

3 Likes

You need to get over T20, it is here to stay whether you like it or not. It is however how you use it that matters, we have it set up incorrectly.

3 Likes

I agree with the last one.

But, of course you could go out LBW to a sweep, if it hits in front and the line takes it on to hit the stumps.

I don’t think anyone really thinks Lyon’s would have hit the stumps, which to me makes it a very odd rule indeed.

Those 2 LBW decisions were bullsh*t. Lyon was that far forward, the Umpire cannot safely make that judgement.

Let them play That Mickey Mouse sht in the fcking winter. These clowns need to learn how to play real cricket… like they have the privilege to do. Playing in this team is the highest honour in Australian sport and they don’t even know how to do it.

First class cricket should not be at the detriment of short forms of the game. Long forms of the game should be placed first and foremost. The fact we don’t have 4 day matches happening at the same time as the test series, is one of the stupidest organisational decisions I’ve seen in sport.

1 Like

I know you are a little emotional, but just stop and think about that for a second. Two issues: NRL & AFL.

T20 is a big money spinner for cricket in Aus, it must be done at a more prime time slot, not thrown away in the winter when there are no grounds to play it and lots of washed out games. They either do it to kick off the summer of cricket or they do it at the end of the SS and to close out the summer. I agree the current slot is breaking up the game too much.

However to say T20 is ruining the game is quite silly, India have no issue with it, England is not suffering for it, neither is RSA. T20 isn’t the main problem.

The issue lies at the lower levels of cricket and the development of players. Even SS has it’s issue with how they use and develop players.

4 Likes

I suspect Lyon’s would have hit the stumps…unless it was a wrong’un.

And the problem with your second paragraph was that players got so far forward, that they were hit on the full and protected from LBW because the umpire would have been guessing…and they were sweeping because they were protected.

It’s one rule I agree with.

i said it earlier…they are pampered too early and dont play enough ard grade cricket…

its te same wit te wallabies…they dont get bullied bashed beaten up by seasoned grade players for long enough

They have made the game a young persons game and te older guys vae lost interest once being pushed aside wen they should be staying on at shield grade levels

1 Like

8 blokes got a start.
Tells me it’s as much mental as actual ability.

1 Like

So with so much missed play, what’s the word on the start time tomorrow??

half hour early 98 overs to be bowled

btw the first time in 31 years that a visiting team has enforced the follow on in Aus.

This is around about the side I’d take into the first Ashes Test:

Warner
Harris
Khawaja
Smith
Head/Burns
Stoinis
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Top 4 more or less set. The No.5 position is up for grabs with Head not proving himself yet but given first chance before Burns, and then I’d like Stoinis at 6. He’s in ripping form with the bat and a better bowler than Marsh ever was and a great competitor. Paine is a nice guy and can make a calm 20, but Carey is the future and far, far more dynamic and talented.

1 Like

We just gunna cycle through every all-rounder WA produce (MMarsh, Agar, Cartwright, Stoinis) until one of them is good?

Ashton Turner next cab off the rank.

3 Likes

its the old dodoro trick…HBF who can push into the midfield…

Substitute bowlers who think they can bat!

Just pick 6 batsmen as we need everyone of them and forget about the all rounder romance!

5 Likes

Personally I think it would work better for everyone if they condensed the majority of the shield season into the period up until the new year. There should be a round of shield cricket should coninciding with the Boxing Day test, assuming the Sydney test is the last one for the summer. That way we have layers ready to go if needed.

The big bash can start from say New Year’s Eve. Realistically this only pushes the start of the Big Bash by 10 days. Separately I would like to see the 50 over competition reincorporated into the regular season rather than the current stand alone tournament. This method has won us 5 world cups so why the need for the change.

You may need to play a few rounds of the shield post big bash but there is usually a winter or autumn test tour so this timing can be used to help select these squads.

3 Likes