Cricket Part III

His top 9 innings account for about 50% of his total runs.

Quite obviously, he is ■■■■■■■ ■■■■. Has zero mental application and poor shot selection. He offers even less in the field, it’s not like you can have him at first slip and be reliable there like Taylor was.

2 Likes

If either are named in another test series the selectors should be charged with corruption.

2 Likes

… 20.000 Volts.

4 Likes

Pattinson looks a bit sharper tonight than when I saw him bowl last week.
Mean 140km/h bouncer to Watto to finish off the last over.

He got some up to 148kph in a game last week. Can still bowl gas. Talk of him being on the Ashes tour needs to be shelved. Wait for him to string 12 months together without injury before considering him for national selection…

1 Like

He looks very top heavy compared to when he debuted or is that just me?

2 Likes

Bring him in

Shows he isn’t ready for the pressures of senior level just yet. It seems he is getting the right help though which is fantastic.

Victorian young gun Will Pucovski has opened up on his mental health battle that saw him miss a chunk of the domestic season after being touted as a possible Australian representative this summer.

In an exclusive podcast with Fox Cricket, the 20-year-old made the shock revelation he first realised something wasn’t right during an innings against Western Australia — but still went on to pile on a double hundred.

Pucovski became the first Aussie since Ricky Ponting to score a first class double century before their 21st birthday when he racked up 243 in Perth in October, but was struck by mental demons when he went to stumps on day one unbeaten on 64.

He called his parents that night to tell them what was going on before talking to Victoria about his situation the next morning.

“It was one of those things where what it looked like from the outside wasn’t quite matching up with what it was on the inside … I was more confused than at any other time in my life,” Pucovski told The Follow-On podcast.

“I was 64 not out overnight if I remember. I got to the game to have my pre-morning hit in the nets and pulled one of the coaches, Lachie Stevens, aside and said, ‘Look mate, this is what I’m going through. I don’t really understand what’s going on and don’t know why it’s happening but this is what’s happening’.

“It was quite a confronting thing but they were beyond awesome about it … They were just so supportive from the outset.

2 Likes

I’d take him on the Ashes tour.
Just to get him in the group and to let him know he’s still right in the plans for the future.
I’d probably take Pattinson too.

3 Likes

Good on him for being so insightful to things not being right. And to have the strength to speak about it and seek help. He has his priorities right.

3 Likes

shows maturity beyond his years, and a huge amount of strength to call it out.

2 Likes

People keep pointing to the kiwis smashing Sri Lanka as proof of how bad the Lankans are.

Probably with noting

• Kiwis ranked significantly above Australia right now
  • Kiwis have two batters in the top 10 rankings including the second best in the world.
  • The Aussies also have two batters but both are suspended for being dodgy arseholes.
  • Kiwis have two bowlers in the top 10 compared to the Aussies having one.
  • We may never be better than you at test cricket again but right now you can suck the big one.
3 Likes

Ftfy

(You may be good at cricket and rugby but we’ll always have low-level casual racism to fall back on)

5 Likes

Enjoy your 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Rumour is Pucovski getting a call up for tests

Hmmm. To go from needing time off due to mental heath issues and then be part of a Test squad in the space of what 8-10 weeks? Is that the right thing to do?

1 Like

And he missed games last year with his concussion issues.

Ballsy call - but he can certainly play. I think he has 2 of the 5 biggest scores in Shield in the last few years, hit a 180 against QLD and 240 against WA.

1 Like

Sounds like he recognised the symptoms early, and if he got lucky with the right meds straight up, . along with counselling, it;s not impossible he’d be back on track in that time.

1 Like

They might as well get Sangha into their plans too…

Think what happened with Francis. Shows it is possible. I also really like how Pucovski has chosen to play premier cricket over BBL.

2 Likes