Cricket Part III

Agree with most of what you have to say. However I think Smith was anything but dodgy. Poor leadership, naive and arguably too honest.

The comment certainly applies to Warner.

2 Likes

Rumours doing the round re SL squad:

• Marsh x 2, Handscomb out.
  • Pucovski, Burns, Stoinis, Renshaw in
  • Wade not selected

Not sure that Renshaw has done enough this season to push a case for a Test recall, but if they see him as part of the Ashes squad then I kid of get it. Stoinis would be the next all-rounder in waiting if M.Marsh isnā€™t there. Like the Burns inclusion, Pucovski is a big gamble. Is he a genuine chance of playing, or is this just a get him in and around the setup kind of exercise?

1 Like

#CricketAusListens

4 Likes

Maybe. ā€¦ weā€™ll see.

Wonā€™t be holding my breath based on the past year,

1 Like

Yeah right. I bet they play these guys against Sri Lanka and whoever out of Head/Labuschagne/Pucovski fails they will be replaced by the Marsh brothers for the Ashes

That is just so crazy that I actually believe itā€¦ :frowning:

Not to Maxwell or Wade whoā€™ve both been outspoken

Age going with:

Tim Paine (TAS - C)
Marcus Harris (VIC)
Joe Burns (QLD)
Matthew Renshaw (QLD)
Usman Khawaja (QLD)
Marnus Labuschagne (QLD)
Travis Head (SA)
Will Pucovski (VIC)
Pat Cummins (NSW)
Mitchell Starc (NSW)
Josh Hazlewood (NSW)
Nathan Lyon (NSW)
Peter Siddle (VIC)
Chris Tremain (VIC)

What is the attraction with Siddle? Heā€™s done.

4 Likes

Heā€™s good at carrying drinks

ā– ā– ā– ā–  as a sub fielder

4 Likes

Excellent in the field.

He plays very well in England. Think he was taking a lot of wickets last season.

He did. You donā€™t have to be express over there to take wickets if you can do something with the ball.

That squad except for Siddle feels about right to me.

Aggressive. Attacks the stumps continually. Gets some swing and movement off seam. Workhorse even when pitch isnā€™t doing much.

Only seemingly was getting dropped as pace was down compared to others.

Got no idea however what his shield form been like but can only assume been good if gets selected.

If nothing else bringing in some younger players should provide some interest and get people a little enthusiastic. The complete opposite impact to what selecting a Marsh does.

1 Like

Same.

They must love Siddleā€™s energy around the squad or something.

2 Likes

Slightly surprised that no extra bowling options have been added to what was picked for the India seriesā€¦

2 Likes