Cricket Part III

I thought he was a lock in the t20 side, if not he should be, he is one of the few genuine middle order batsmen in t20 cricket

As long as it keeps the Marsh’s out.
Langer will probably just fill it with his WA chums instead

2 Likes

You might have missed my post soon after highlighting how I spoke to soon, but i guess you’ve never made an early call that didn’t turn out right

Turner is a WA boy.

1 Like

Geez HAP, must have been a good joke cause I didn’t get it

Yeah I worded it wrong.
I meant he will probably add Turner and keep both Marsh’s.
Stoinis must be thanking his lucky stars he moved to WA

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right.
And a couple from Queensland, coz you know, Matty Hayden and all that.

1 Like

How about the double headers on the weekend. One of the touring teams would play Sat and Sun

That was probably going back to the 80s and early 90s? I seem to remember the 90s (at least the mid) they did Friday and Sunday and Tuesday/Thursday.

Could have my timeline mixed up though.

The standard of umpiring in the BBL is a joke

Also whoever is putting together the stars squad each summer should be sacked immediately. We keep on picking guys who we know will be taken away to play for Australia, and then we are left with rubbish

1 Like

To be fair the national squads rubbish

One thing the BBL has indicated is that Nick Larkin is the worst (batsman) fielder in top cricket.

You give some latitude to bowlers, but batsmen should be good fielders.

Turner into ODI squad for a crook mitch marsh. They must of heard me

Short should be there before him, picks up a few wickets and scores just as many runs but at the top of the order.

3 Likes

I just do not understand why they do not use the 4th umpire to check things. Player out on a no ball that wasn’t called or even checked, extra ball that got a player out, Short robbed of a 100 because the ump didn’t know it came straight off the bat (not sure how it was obvious live). Their LBW stuff calling is appalling.

1 Like

Oh I don’t disagree with that. Short is a no brainer.

Just saw the highlights on Foxtel and that Stars batting lineup has to be the worst in all of world cricket. Local grade sides would put up a better fight, Little wonder they haven’t batted out their overs in their last couple of games

Drive North over the Harbour bridge between 4 and 6, especially during summer and you’ll know danger. 8 lanes of traffic merging into 3 and right hand lanes may need to get across to the far left to get off.

Whoever designed any of this city was clearly on the mushies.

It’s a moot point anyway. The idea that back to back 50 overs games is overly taxing for international sides that play five day test matches is unlikely imo. From memory they used to happen mainly in Perth, before the stadiums were lit, with Saturday/Sunday day games.

1 Like

Bring em back ,put them on commercial and make them meaningful even if it’s just World Cup year. The lack of games staggers me, even if there are lead up games in England. Against Ecuador. Or Guam.

Love my 50 overs ever since t20 started, same as 50 overs made me love tests even more

Yayo or whatever for me.

1 Like