Cricket Part III

Wouldn’t even bother with longer forms. But even short form cricket he needs to find somewhere other than cow corner to get his runs, especially against the spinners. which basically all he’ll face as a middle order batsman in any international white ball cricket.

Yeah he looked a real prospect a few years ago, like so many has stalled in development. Youngest century for NSW on debut a few years ago. Made a double (or at least a big 100) in a 1st class match at Blacktown Oval about 3 years ago on a pitch that was abandoned in the end, think it was against the Black Caps from memory.

1 Like

CA team 3/30 down in Tassie.

Burns, Renshaw and Labuschagne had a brief stroll to the middle and back.

Patterson and Pucovski in now.

thanks Sandra.

3/54 now.

There has been a lot of stalling at FC level. Very very strange that it has happened to so many all at the same time. Either the bowling suddenly all came good or there are some serious issues going on. You know things like pitches (dead), training (low), development focus (low), money focus (high - so see scheduling)…

2 Likes

There is mate. All of the issues you’ve identified and then some. No short fixes.

Lankan’s bowling some garbage, this will get slaughtered by even our garbage batsman. Pitch the ■■■■■■■ thing up you muppets.

As someone who hasn’t paid attention for (say) 6 or 7 years (may be related to not reading a lot of newspapers in that time…), there’s a lot of names who in my mind were dead set soon to be guns who are now 30+ and average about 30 at every level. It feels like there’s a lost generation…

Am I imagining that?

1 Like

No you’re not, we most definitely have. You have a look at some shield numbers of the current “millennial” generation and it’s a bleak picture.

2 Likes

Renshaw really hasnt been in good form all summer. Got an 80-odd at the start of the shield season but bugger all since. He’ll come good at some point but sheesh, its grim.

1 Like

3/85 at Tea. Patterson and Pucovski still at the crease.

Different era, of course.

and Pucovski now out.

4/88 AFTER Tea!? Rain effected match i presume?

Pink ball - started at 12 or so.

ahh. cheers.

Another bizarre decision. But I’m not a fan of day/night Tests so many wont agree.

and Sangha out for three. 5/98.

CA11 need a kick up the ar$e at Blundstone

5/100.

Patterson 50 no. Pucovski 23.

Single figures for all of Burns, Renshaw, Sangha, Labuschagne.

You’d hope its a bowlers pitch/conditions.

I watched for about 45mins and not much happened.
But the comms were talking about a fair bit of movement early on.
Which I think is pretty common in Hobart, from memory.

I’m not really sure Patterson has stalled, per se. He’s been around about the mark the last few years, without ever really being front of the line.

3800 FC runs at 41. Not bad going, for a 25 year old.