Cricket Part III

Stanlake and Zampa WTF???

I agree but he started early by converting his 50ā€™s but lately he hasnā€™t been and that is a concern. I still think he should be an option for a next 3, ahead of Labuschagne.

Billy! ā€œBilly donā€™t you lose my numberā€¦ā€

Problem?

Patterson about to convert his 50 to a 100. Hopefully after dinner he gets it done quickly.

How are you watching this?

Cricket Australia app

1 Like

A pink ball in Tassie would be a nightmare for most Aussie batsmen.

Happened around the time the BBL was brought in, co-inky-dinq?

Patterson brings up his 100, great batting.

2 Likes

BRING

Donā€™t rate Zampa at all and canā€™t see him being much better if any than Lyon. Stanlake just leaks too many runs and quite a dumb bowler. Would have preferred Kane Richardson get a gig

Doran gets his 50

Not a Zampa fan either, but I can see the thinking with Stanlake. With his height, and being able to bowl 150+ pretty much at will, I reckon heā€™s worth putting a bit of development time into.

Kane only just came back from injury last night.

Not a huge Zampa fan either. But all for experimentation in a series like this.

If conditions are right Billy is weapon; high risk/high reward type of selection. Stanlake would be best suited to the longer format. Assuming his body can hold up.

Zampa is unfortunately the only genuine spinner we have capable of taking wickets, they missed a trick not giving Fawad a chance years ago.

The ā€œat willā€ bit concerns me because he tends to pick and choose when to bowl with heat and just as often will send down pies at 130 clicks. Just seems like his heart isnā€™t it at times and it leaves coaches and team mates scratching their heads.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see them give Sutherland some game time when/if he strings a few games together.

Anyone 7ā€™8ā€ or taller takes until about 32 odd to properly work out where their hands and feet are.
Billy will be pretty hard to handle when he gets it all together.