Cricket Part III

I don’t see why Patterson couldn’t be brought in

1 Like

I talked up Patterson two years ago as a potential in and got laughed at on this site.

Not by everyone. He could come in and replace either Labuschagne at 3 or the Handscomb spot.

Which probably means you were ate least on the right track.

3 Likes

Makes sense for the Sri Lankan’s to be playing a pink ball warm up game given their first test will be a pink ball game.

This actually has prompted me - have any of this season’s shield games been played with the pink ball? I can’t recall about last year either. Playing day night first class matches would have had some impact on our batsmen first class averages - but still doesn’t explain the huge hole our batting is currently in.

Selectors not willing to admit they made a mistake by not putting him in the squad in the first place, is the only reason I see as why he might not play!

Has to play for mine!

It’s a great decision for Sri Lanka. And in truth deserved.

But most of our potential Test and 1st class players haven’t had a shield game for two months, let alone a pink ball practice match.

And no, I’m not a fan of the whole concept. Especially in Hobart or Brisbane where climate already effects games. But I admit that my view is neither here nor there.

Incidentally, Canberra rather than Hobart for a Test also seems bizarre to my thinking.

And his watching of his dietary requirements is commendable

D/N tests should be used for decks that are typically dull; Adelaide is perfect as is Melbourne considering the shity-ness of the pitches recently.

Just going to throw it open here, but I recon this starting line up, properly managed, in form, Pom blood lust mist rising from the back of their necks, would make it a more than interesting series;

Ashes 2019

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Puscovski
Paine
Patty
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Stoinis, wade, head, burns, Mitch (VC) etc

Solar system

Siddle

Probably the only blokes you can bank on getting it right at the moment is patty, followed by Paine. Puskovski is just me getting caught up in it a bit, and I’d have wade in his place otherwise. On song, I recon that’s a pretty farkun good outfit, and if they have time to sort out the who’s the ■■■■■■■■ that put Greg Chappell’s nuts on Instagram etc and brace for the absolute galleon of shyte coming their way I recon it’ll pay my Kayo account and with credit.

Why not give Fawad a chance now ? He’s 36, I know, but traditionally leggies only hit their stride after 30. (Warne was the exception that proved the rule.)

Maybe you should forget Warner ??

Or do you really think the CA panjundrums will let him back into representative cricket ?

Oh you watch.

1 Like

I would, CA won’t

1 Like

wtf?

Can’t someone explain how Neser gets a gig in the CA11 team?

Has a bowling average a click over 30 and has taken 1 five for in his first class career (39 matches) Must be good mates with someone important, could name 3-4 bowlers in front of him

I’d be more concerned how he got on a test tour to the UAE…

Sadly Pucovski’s weakness against the short ball was exposed yesterday, pretty soft dismissal from the young bloke but at least he wasn’t cracked in the head again. He’s gonna get tested again with short ball pretty often if and when he gets his baggy green.

Yep and it is why I think it was too soon to call him up. You have to give the guy a chance to have his weaknesses found and worked on BEFORE international level or you may find we lose a good talent. That’s the whole point with development.

3 Likes

It’s my suggestion as to why maxwell, wade etc not getting a game. They’ve ■■■■■■ one of the selectors off somehow.

Hohns reasoning for it is pathetic.

2 Likes