Cricket Part III

6-176
Steyn in at 8. Night watchman?? Or the world’s longest tail

Don’t think Handscombe is that good of a gloveman. Reckon we need to let him focus on becoming test batsman at #4. Very good OD batsman as well, but wouldn’t use him as a keeper.

Wade has his papers marked, he really should be the rest keeper but for whatever reason he is not.

7 down, run a ball needed. Miller should see the SA home from here

Wade is crap.

2 Likes

Whereas Carey is going to be very good.
This is not the time to return to the mediocre past.

2 Likes

If we didn’t have 4 overs of Zampa left, I’d be pretty confident here.

Zampa ended up going for just 1 that over, Stoinis then picks up Miller.

8 down, 45 from 39

We got this.

So stoinis is a bowler that bats a bit?

1 Like

*test keeper. We went back to Paine where even Tasmania didn’t think he was good enough to be their keeper.

One step at a time.
He’ll take Paine’s job soon enough.

A bit may be an exaggeration. Seems to be the ideal player to come in at 4/230 after 40 overs. Not sure I’ll have him at 5/80

Yeah I agree. I reckon Wade should be the test keeper at the moment. May as well give Carey these sort of games, has a good technique behind the stumps and if we can get him averaging 40 with the bat then that’s one spot you can build a team around.

I’d certainly have Carey going to the WC, can open and get off to a fast start, can bat lower as well

he’s pretty evenly balanced

Good, but a bit inconsistent with both

Wade’s keeping just isn’t good enough for Tests.

2 Likes

Only a monumental choke will stop Australia from winning. Rabada can go ok with the bat, tahir and ngidi are rubbish.

20 needed off the last over, Maxwell needs to bowl it

4 off the first ball

16 off 5

13 off 2. Maxwell bowled last 3 deliveries really well, right in the blockhole

Aussies finally win a game. Well done.

I’ll never really get the mindset of “we didn’t rate you enough to give you any opportunity in the first 49 overs… but we trust the other bloke even less, so you’re it