Cricket Part III

Especially taking spinners. Drops far too many and can’t be trusted.

This is where Ian Healy was incredible. He was terrific keeping to Warne.

1 Like

It’s about making sure they are chasing as many runs as possible in the last, then hoping pressure gets to the batsmen. Bowling Maxwell earlier may have meant they were chasing 2-a-ball in the last over, which is easier than it used to be.

All it says to me is they don’t rate Zampa.

(And neither do I, but I don’t matter)

Off-spinners, especially ones like Maxwell, are better and more consistent at hitting the blockhole than legspinners, especially average ones like Zampa.

Can we fire warne into the sun yet? He seems to love it going by his tan. Send him into it.

1 Like

I think it was more they were hoping they could bowl them out before the 50th.

Tas always thought he was the better keeper but to keep you need hands that work.

Is any one coming to the decider in Hobart tomorrow
Forecast is showers with a chance of sun

Watching replay of 2nd odi and rabada hardly said a word to Lynn.

The media get paid to exadurate. My uncle could do that. As long as it’s xmas and hes pis$ed as a wheel.

1 Like

Unchanged team, we choose to bowl and starc gets de ■■■■ in the 3rd over. SA 1-4

SA are going way way too slow here. Just a matter of time before a wicket falls. If they make anything close to 250 I will be astounded

Bowlers work very well together, our batsman don’t. Lynn and Carey in particular need to rotate the strike more. Usually lots of easy singles to pick up in the middle of the innings yet we still aim to clear the boundary too often, need to change that over the next 6 months

I agree, in this form I think Lynn needs to open and aim to maximize the opening PP. Carey should be fairly good at strike rotation, but he may be a victim of coming in with pressure on him constantly. Personally, I think our current line up is 1 grafting batsman short as Marsh and Head are both stroke players, adding an in form Smith back into the top 4 would help immensely. Warner would help too, I guess.

I can kinda understand it. Given their tail is pretty long they really need their top 6 or 7 to make all the runs.

South Africa without Amla, DeVilliers and even Duminy are a completely different team and it makes deKock value his wicket, which isn’t really his preference.

Stoinis carted. Thankfully Starc gets Markram out.

Pitch looks slow

Is there any point playing Zampa if 9/10 we’re trying to hide him and eeking out overs from others so we don’t have to bowl him out? May as well bowl Mawell/Head whoever and bring in another proper batter/bowler.

1 Like

Zampa is a below average bowler but may as well trial him in these sort of gamed

Maxwell has bowled well, been unlucky with a simple dropped catch by Carey. He should have just had Miller LBW but that ridiculous Hawkeye has it missing over the top. It was plumb imo.

1 Like