Cricket Part III

Tremain, March 9 2017, against WA. Not the final though.

I wonder what Warner and Harris would be like as an opening partnership. Too similar? Not just in stature and looks, but game style. Neither are really the sheet-anchor type.

Harris just out for 141

1 Like

Vics need a good tail wag.

Didnā€™t realise they picked 5 bowlers.

Bold move

Just need to bat for time I guess. 6 down at stumps, with Patto and tremain at the crease who can both hold their own in defence.

Big day coming up tomorrow

2 Likes

I donā€™t think the decks will offer that much swing in the WC. England want their ODI side to be playing on really flat decks so their batmen can go big. Pitches prepared for the Ashes on the other handā€¦

Strange Victoria is playing 5 bats and five bowlers

Didnā€™t have the courage to leave Siddle out.

This is a second string NSW side whose batting looks very light on. You will win comfortably

The Vics are also down a couple of their best bats.

The top 5 bats include a wicketkeeper, White who has been in and out of the side and Dean who has struggled all season - Itā€™s a staggering selection.

3 in fact.

Today is the day the bans on Warner and Smith have passed. Will they come back the players that they were, or will they never be the same?

1 Like

Smith will get better, mark my words. And youā€™re all gonna love it!

1 Like

Turns 30 in June. Whatā€™s the typical retirement age now for a top test batsman? 35-ish?

Yeah there abouts.

So heā€™s got a few years and a truck load of games to get his career back on track. It will be interesting to see what he does.

I am more intrigued as to whether Warner can slot back in, he is a divisive player, Smith isnā€™t.

Of course he will. Blokeā€™s a superstar, something we donā€™t have many of.