Cricket Part III

Khawaja going at a rapid pace of 7 runs from 19 balls.

Slow wicket. Looks like a road but average 1st innings score is only 225 so it clearly doesn’t come into the bat and scoring is hard.

Fich was at a run a ball 2 overs or so ago. Kwacker surely needs to lif his pace to remain in the OD squad.

Edit: I haven’t really kept up with his figures since the Aus series, but he’s just as slow now as he was then, … so …

Pitch looks like it is made of clay

Finch is out plumb LBW for 39

Great, the two slowest batsmen in together at the same time: Khawja 19 from 36, Smarsh 1 from 9

SMarsh gawn stumped.

Was just about to post how many times I look at him in a helmet and think it’s Brett Lee.

Fingers crossed Marsh fails in the 5th ODI and his spot is given to Smith

Stoinis gone for 2.

4 down.

Super knock from Maxwell. The contribution from Khawaja was super important in getting a total of close to 280.

1 Like

yet people keep on knocking uzzie but this series and in india g=has been consistent. then again they might want blazers in and all out for 70 in 50 balls

1 Like

It feels like we have made an active decision that we aren’t going to win the World Cup making scores of 350. Therefore we are going to back our bowlers to do a job and restrict teams to under 300 and our batsmen to make or chase enough. Personally I don’t mind it as we didn’t look capable of making the huge scores England in particular have been making.

1 Like

English grounds are a lot smaller as well, so it will be harder to defend sub-300 totals. I’m happy we have had an upturn in form with the WC approaching.

1 Like

Pucovski gets another 50

1 Like

Blocker gives Gotch out lbw.

They seem prepared to give lb’s that might hit leg stump these days. I thought it was missing leg.

Pucovski lbw to Abbott for 51.

I don’t think that was missing leg.

Gotch one wasn’t hitting the stumps. Pucovski one was.

White lbw to O’Keeffe for 36. Sweeping…pretty plumb.

351 in front.

Thank god it’s an Ashes and World Cup year.

If the rain stays away this will be over before tea. Ball hooping around everywhere