Cricket Part III

They did more than persist with him, they actually made him vice-captain! He doesn’t even have a CA contract these days.

1 Like

oh you’ll find one easily enough… i caught the last part of the windies v aus game at the smokin fox in glasgow.

BTW if you’re in edinburgh - head for The Three Sisters. Massive outdoor screen and beer garden. Good times!

1 Like

Wednesday: Australia vs Pakistan – Taunton

There is a 50 per cent chance of rain when the game starts at 10.30am and conditions look set to worsen around lunchtime, brightening up towards the evening. Again, a full day’s play looks unlikely.

Thursday: India vs New Zealand – Nottingham

Prospects for India’s match against New Zealand in Nottingham on Thursday look even worse with the Met Office issuing a “Yellow warning” for rain.

“Spells of heavy and persistent rain have the potential to bring flooding and disruption to transport in places,” the weather forecasting body explains.

More disruption to the cricket seems inevitable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup-2019-weather-forecast-met-office-latest-bristol-southampton-taunton-nottingham-ground/amp/

Some players are getting some practice in ahead of the next few games…

12 Likes

Pakistan have won the toss and will bowl first. Big test for the top-order.

Richardson and S.Marsh in for stoinis and Zampa

I quite like this team. Batting is stronger, Stoinis was in terrible form and his wickets flattered his economy as he got both in the very last over last game. S Marsh boosts the middle order.

Only weakness is that we’re forcing ourselves to get 10 overs from Maxwell (with maybe Smith the other option). Otherwise Zampa only bowled 6 overs last game for 50 runs and was carted.

I can’t escape the feeling that the loser of Khawaja/S Marsh makes way for M Marsh next game.

1 Like

Finch looking very shaky early.

Amir bowling amazing, 2 maidens and 0/3 from 3 overs.

Shaheen 2 overs for 24.

We’re 0/27 off 5.

With it being quite wet I imagine batting isn’t simple. Aussies are doing pretty well really so far. 0/47 8 overs

Wowsa, Finch dropped and through for 4. Next ball through for 4 down leg.

Aus 0/76 from 13.

oopsie!

Finch dropped again and then cracks a couple of boundaries to reach 50.

They’ve had their opportunities Pakistan. I feel they are about to pay dearly for it.

Finchy! As long as you never play India you’re a gun.

0/135 after 20.4

Heading out for beers to watch the game with some Englishmen. Happy to turn up given the score.

2 Likes

EFA

Starc and Cummins are going to rout the Pakis on this pitch

2 Likes

It’s weird, it feels like Warner isn’t doing much, but he is going ata run a ball.

Third times a charm for Finch to be caught

Aussies have won the Pakistan lotto.