Dare to dreamers vs Reigning Premiers - your prediction for result and reason

Massive game. We can only afford to drop 3-4 more games if we are to play finals, and beating the tigers will give us heaps of confidence to keep it going and also motivation that we could do some damage in finals.
A loss isn’t catastrophic but means we won’t be sure where we stand in the pack (could actually be a good thing lest complacency set in).

Bombers by 5. This is gonna be nerve racking!

3 Likes

Stringer has been building. Big stage + his 100th game. Go in to the 3rd slightly behind and Stringer will kick 5 in the quarter, 4 of them in a ten minute patch. We win by 37.

3 Likes

SAGA thread

1 Like

I’ve got to go to wedding @ Bar Beach NEWCASTLE & reception at nearby Club but planned ahead & just went down early to slip the barman a lobster to ensure Pox footy is on at least one screen

Arm wrestle for three quarters then we get up by 2 goals in the last
Season defining game for certain

3 Likes

Bombers by 42

1 Like

I don’t actually agree with that. If we drop another game before the bye our season is done. We may scrape into 8th, maybe but I can’t see it. Two more wins and we are well back at the bye with joe, gleeson and Colyer putting added selection pressure.
We can win this game. No doubt our last two weeks form will get over the line. We have set the bar.

Come on boys, come the FK on!

1 Like

10 goal win

3 Likes

Essendon by nine points.

1 Like

Well by that logic our season was done when we lost to Carlton, which hindsight might show it was, but statistically we can still drop 3-4 more, it doesn’t matter which ones. Well actually it’s more important that we beat Pies/Kangas etc who we are competing with for a spot rather than Tigers/WCE.

1 Like

I don’t suppose you’re going to weddings every weekend till the end of the season?

Gonna say we get out to a quick start amd lead by 4 to 5 goals until mid second quarter and control the game easily albeit with some wasteful misses. Tigers mount a comeback and it’s even Stevens in the third. We fall behind in the 4th but get three quick goals in the last 5 minutes to run out by 7 points.

1 Like

20 seconds left, ball up deep in our forwardline. Bellchambers makes the tap, Zaharakis snaps it high to the square where two Richmond players go for the mark but McKernan plows in from the side and clunks it, handballs to Langford, he breaks a tackle and slams through a goal! Margin out to 46 points as the siren sounds and we march off 5-6 going into next week.

1 Like

Bombers by 6 points.

Scores level with 30 seconds to play. Bear shrugs a tackle & kicks a long bomb from downtown.

1 Like

Yeah you’re probably right. I think I’m conditioned to shot Essendon and worry if we drop this form we will never get it back

Belly has to have a big night for us to win… and he will… bombers by six big goals.

1 Like

Tigers by 20
will be a tight low scoring game before the tigers kick away in the last.

I just think we can win.

Irish to run from halfback taking an all time record 23 bounces before scissor kicking a goal from 25 out forward pocket with 29sec remaining.

Celebrates by imitating eating kung poa chicken (extra spicy) with chopsticks to Dusty whilst taking oversized aggressive bites. Dusty backs away, we win by 11pts.

1 Like

So, … I’ve just heard standing room Gen Ad has sold out, does anyone know if I can still walk up and swpe in as a member, or get Standing Room (or other) Tix via Ticketek with a Barcode still? (If it comes good that is, … apparently if your monthly payment doesn’t go through one month the code is invalid, … paid it up this morning so all would be good, … Moneys been taken from account, club email saying up to date, … but when I enter it at T Tek, it is saying CANCELLED?? )

Am I screwed?

We’re paying $21 to win by 40+

1 Like