Disgraceful EFC - Extending pokies license to 2042

Claiming to be a good corporate citizen isn’t really the same as being a good corporate citizen although, if you say It enough times…

Know of any?

I know plenty who claim to be.

There are 10 million+ social business organisations (globally) who have as their primary objective to alleviate some social problem using business tools (entrepreneurial skills etc). Not many of these would be ‘corporate entities’, but many are in partnership with corporate entities or get their seed funding from corporations.

Diggers’ suspicion is correct I think, in that most corporations prefer just to repeat the idea that they really, really care as it’s much cheaper and we know propaganda works. I mention this just to show that the ‘model’ for being a caring organisation is small (10+ million isn’t many) but it is very firmly entrenched in the business world.

1 Like

Reckon you are all cynics.

Melton Management talk the talk and walk the walk, absolutely in my opinion an EFC directive.

Come on Katie, give us a Board position on this !

1 Like

What? The club has demonstrated in unequivocal terms that it is absolutely committed to gambling.

This is a another short-sighted and selfish decision by an administration that has proven itself incapable of making consistently sound decisions. PR BS like this is about protecting the “brand”.

1 Like

There’s one in every room these days

2 Likes

The AFL makes decisions for the Essendon Franchise … what’s this fuss about !

Despite what many here seem to think neither the EFC nor the AFL are moral arbiters for the people of Victoria or Australia.

It’s time to build a bridge and get over it

An answer like that is the reason why Carlton are playing in the whites? Grey? If it was any wetter it would be see through ffs.
Reasons why lesser teams need support from Bombers supporters to fill stadiums lions/gc/gws
Smoke ads have gone. AFL had a bit to do with it. Alot of beers ads have gone, sports betting have replaced these. But qudos to trying with Hodge lightneasy!

What community based projects do our sponsors do for our community?

What community endeavours and support for the community does our club do? Do our sponsors support or participate in these club activities?

This thread is a perfect example of people just wanting to whinge for the sake of whinging

3 Likes

Whingeception.

1 Like

Blitz has always taken care of the needy. And the whiney.

Cool ■■■■ it!

EFC is in the business of winning Premierships. Enough of this bleeding hearts crap !

We need money to win flags and the AFL has ripped us off of $2M plus on the saga. Pokies bring in money and are legal. Get over it !

Gambling, Drinking, smoking and sex all have potential to wreck lives but when used sensibly all can enhance lives.

EFC is not in the business of being nannies for the country. Let them operate !

2 Likes

It seems to me that a few people have taken a statement that we would like to get out of pokies to mean that we will take a massive loss to get rid of them. Apparantly we take 11 million from pokies, though I can’t confirm this from the financial report, and I suspect it is closer to 8. The Hawks take more than us.

An interesting aside is that North Melbourne is the only Melbourne club to not get Pokie revenue.

Getting rid of pokies is a long term goal of the club. Directors of the club must firstly cover the money they make which is over 10% of our revenue before selling them off. Or we could find 70000 members who are willing to pay $114 more than they do now…

2 Likes

Pokies or flash mob you decide.

Pokies

Are you in the flash mob?