Disgraceful EFC - Extending pokies license to 2042

I’d ask if you were, but the depth of your depravity is answer enough.

A flash mob to play pokies?

MRC now headed up by Chip’s brother, Peter Le Grand ( formerly MRC Vice Chairman)

So the pokes are still in operation, just owned by the Melbourne racing club?

Be a bigger move if they took em to the tip.

What the dons should do.

Why? Pokies are legal and they make us money. We already live in a nanny state. It’s nor EFC’s role to decide how people should spend their money. EFC’s role is toi win Premierships and this will help !

4 Likes

are you really that much better if you sell your pokie machines away? still contributing to the problem, massively.

It’s always better if you aren’t the one doing it. If you can’t see that then that’s kind of weird.

That said if we have poker machines or not I don’t really care too much. I’d prefer we didn’t, but it’s not a giant deal.

2 Likes

Youre not really solving the problem, just dishing it off to someone else to deal with- thats my point.

2 Likes

I know. And I agree you haven’t done away with the problem. But if there is going to be a problem, it’s always better if it’s perpetrated by someone else. Selling our pokies isn’t intended to lessen the impact of these things, just to make you no longer part of the problem.

There are better ways Luke…use the force.

I know we may make a killing selling door to door dog biscuits.

Ur also ok with kids licking lollies and one day needing dentists but what if the lolly they are licking is something the dentist can’t fix?

I assume the number of pokie machines is still capped in Victoria, and by capped I mean if you give up the rights to X pokies someone else grabs them.

I don’t believe there’s a cap number at Crown.
Heard years ago when a place closed or was over their cap the pokies went to Crown.
Something to do with a venues sqm floor space to pokies ratio.

This site may contain the info

I assume Collingwood supporters are complaining about how the club is drawing a moral line and judging everyone who plays pokies and how it’s going to impact on their bottom line etc and they shouldnt be getting out until they can replace every cent of the revenue stream?

No? Oh carry on then

2 Likes

They probably loved the fact their gaming Money went to their club

1 Like

No issues from me. I play pokies and blame nobody but myself for losing money. Just cos everyone else is on a virtue signalling campaign, doesn’t mean we need to be.

Does it need to be one or the other though?
Are you looking at the issue as non-complex binary one?