Dons v Tigers - pre match discussion

Some match up’s i’ve thought about.

• Heppell to run with Dusty (not tag, but run with… similar to the geelong game and selwood)
  • Goddard to run with Grigg (I’m sick of underestimating this guy and watch him kill us time and time again) Goddard will keep him in check and destroy him going the other way.
  • Hurley to take Dusty when forward, Dusty will be too strong for Dea.
  • I’d love to see McGrath v Rioli - ideal match up.
3 Likes

I don’t know much, but I know this, If we win, we won’t be pretenders no more. We’ll be contenders.

I agree. This game is the turning point of the season. Win and we are very much in the conversation for finals and possibly beyond. Lose however, and it’s looking like another also ran year.

And the fascinating thing is that exactly the same equation applies for the Tigers.

Every time we have had a game like this the last ten or so years we’ve lost it. Surely this has got to be the one where we win it.

8 Likes

General admin exhausted, cheapest I can get a ticket for on ticketek is $42 (seated). Gonna be massive.

1 Like

I have a feeling we may win this game quite comfortably.

4 Likes

If there’s one guy I’m afraid of, its Edwards. Always seems to have an average season, expect for a decent Dreamtime game. Also have a bad feeling Elton will finally play a breakout game like Griffiths did.

Not really sure what to expect. We should’ve beaten them last year, had we kicked straight, but they have improved, and they’re not playing that badly. We can’t underestimate their small forwards too. They’re not great but they provide a lot of pressure and could cause us some headaches.

2 Likes

I got a text recommending to reserve a seat, interestingly only got one text for my wife’s membership (8 game h & a) no texts for the 3 concessional memberships (8 game h & a) amongst my uni student offspring and no text to me for my all Melbourne games GA h & a membership.

Did anyone with a GA membership not get a text? All my families memberships have my phone number linked to them, so I don’t know if it was just one text to the one phone number. Also interested if they sent them only to adult members with 8 game h & a memberships, looking after the those who joined for the season and those who aren’t on full price memberships?

I didn’t.

But I did get a new extra 6 game M/ship today, as I’ve already burnt the 3 gamer out this year. (So that will add another to the tally :+1:)

Just in case folk are unaware, the 6 game is for H & Away games, so will allow you to walk up for Gen Ad to a game such as this, with no muss nor fuss.

If you’re keen, and ask nicely, … you may even get a Country jumper thrown in with one still, … but you’d wanna be quick.

The writing was on the wall for all to see, but like the tech bubble of 2000, folks just wanted to ride the gravey train and then it was too late to get off a bad thing.

Tigers are p00.

Essendoon by a lazy 6 goals.

They’re going to come out firing and are due for a win. This will be a tough game. Bellchambers and McKenna could make or break for us, depending on which one of each turns up.

Fill up the G Bomber fans

FILL
IT
UP

9 Likes

Sounds like it’s already going to be pretty full.

Expecting 80k plus,… and sold so many they halted GA sales as they were worried about over crowding.

Fill it up, maybe even to capacity.

5 Likes

It’s been sold out on the night previously, usually maxes out at about 83k.

No way they’ll get more than Anzac Day game crowd.

1 Like

So there has been no mention here of “The Long Walk”.

Can’t find buggerr all on the EFC site about it either. I take it it’s still happening, … it’s still a thing?

If so,… why aren’t we pumping and promoting it this year? There’s absolutely nothing on the home page that suggests it’s even happening. What gives EFC? @Catherine_Lio

2 Likes

Just noticed the exact same thing. Not happy at all.

Some info here. I understand an email got sent out to members a week or so ago.

1 Like

Ahh, … turns out I got the email too, missed it amongst the deluge I’ve been getting of late. Thanks for that though, didn’t know the event had it’s own site.

http://www.thelongwalk.com.au/News-Events/Latest-News/The-Long-Walk-2017

Still, should be front & centre, or at least prominent on the Home Page for the week leading up you might expect. Used to be.

2 Likes

Absolutely should be. Have passed on the feedback. Bit late now, but it’s being looked into. Absolutely should have been front and centre. Really disappointing.

6 Likes

DONN = ESS

too much confidence in this thread. Has FcFC game all over it

4 Likes