Out: Miles (omitted), Soldo (omitted)

This was a little bit interesting.

2 Likes

Didn’t see this here.
Might have missed it.

Anyway…

3 Likes

Kinda funny.
Hurley will probably match up on Riewoldt.
We need to stop their marking chains out of defence.
Their forward line?
“Well, they’re really good tall and really good small and they put a lot of pressure on in their forward-line, so…ummmm…anyway, that about wraps it up…”

2 Likes

Essendon are a very talented team and shade Richmond in this area. Tonight’s outcome is dependent on intent. Whoever wants it more will win. I anticipate Essendon to be more hungry than their opponents. Go Bombers!

1 Like

I think it was ivan who said that they only have one good key pillar at each end of the ground.

Certainly in the forward line I agree but I rate Astbury as a key defender. Has been playing good footy for a while now.

They are an emotional team. They play on emotion. If we can snuff that out early and also the crowd. We will go a long way to winning.

Cannot give them a sniff at any point.

2 Likes

In shaw’s analysis he points out Astbury as having conceded 24 goals. Not sure that’s so great.

They have tall players, and small players. Joe Daniher is a tall player, but so is Cale Hooker.

In case no one has replied yet - our cheer squad sit in the city end against Richmond - Ponsford stand.

Grog squad is usually behind the opposition cheer squad…

2 Likes

Richmond by 25 points. Both teams have allot to play for but Richmond will be in major ■■■■ if they drop tonight. Recon we are tracking nicely regardless of wins/losses and will overtake them soon.

I’m a confessed Lid-on type and probably will be until the club plays and wins in finals. But I am optimistic that this could become a finals winning team if they can bring the mental edge to win games like tonight vs Richmond. If we are closer than further to being legit, then we win tonight. I acknowledge that one win doesn’t make a season, but I can’t help feeling like tonight’s game is a defining moment that will tell us which side of the “closer than further” point we are at.

4 Likes

GS will be in the southern stand as per normal, however the Mensa group that is the Richmond GS take the normal spot so we move over a few bays.

Bring the riot shields.

3 Likes

On the off chance I get down to the GS to the GS tonight I’ve had my rabies shot.

3 Likes

They don’t sound very positive to me. At all. More concerned.

"The Tigers have dried up in front of goal. They have kicked 10, 10, 11 and 10. "

That just isn’t enough to beat us imo

5 Likes

Usually I get more bullish the closer to first bounce. But not today. Freaking out about the return of bad habits. Can’t be Essendon three weeks running … can we?

8 Likes

He gets injured for 8 weeks and hes prices drops from 1.2 mill to 800k!!!

1 Like

I’m nervous about today. But then again I was nervous 55pts up at half time against WC.

I know what we capable of producing of now. If we bring our best we win easily. If we don’t a frustrating night will be had.

Should be a ripping contest all the same.

3 Likes