Dreamtime Guernsey designed by Gavin Wanganeen

Pink trim?

talk wangasons to us.

Good. Like. Fitting.

Now NO MORE ‘clever’ re-designs for any other new ‘occasions’ please.

It’s the new normal.
It’s a lie that our sash has never been changed in the clubs history, so much so that fans are expecting to see it change per occasion.
The jumper is so far from being sacrosanct it’s no longer a “thing”.

The clubs colours worn are now red, black, yellow, grey, pink / mauve / purple.

Well, exactly.
Where were you ten years ago?

It’s gone. Fuhgedaboudit.

Like I said a while ago when we played Port in their latest travesty, I’d have been happier if Essendon wore Ports actual original jumper just to take the ■■■■.

They could wear yellow and green occasionally now, how is that worse than anything else we’ve sucked and swallowed in the last decade?

Good. Like. Fitting.

Now NO MORE ‘clever’ re-designs for any other new ‘occasions’ please.

It’s the new normal.
It’s a lie that our sash has never been changed in the clubs history, so much so that fans are expecting to see it change per occasion.
The jumper is so far from being sacrosanct it’s no longer a “thing”.

The clubs colours worn are now red, black, yellow, grey, pink / mauve / purple.

Well, exactly.
Where were you ten years ago?

It’s gone. Fuhgedaboudit.

Like I said a while ago when we played Port in their latest travesty, I’d have been happier if Essendon wore Ports actual original jumper just to take the ■■■■.

They could wear yellow and green occasionally now, how is that worse than anything else we’ve sucked and swallowed in the last decade?

Funnily enough, about ten years ago I found this site when I was wondering if there were any Essendon fan forums discussing the clash jumper issue, the one where we ended up with the fat sash. I didn’t realise then BB was our version of Hotel California…

And here we are again. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty much “meh” about it all, just noting the fact of our ever changing colours and designs.

Oh Wanga. Yes you got yourself a premiership in 2004 and you got your name up on that fancy new grandstand but really you should’ve stuck with us. You don’t get ex-Essendon players designing indigenous guernseys for Port do you. And why not? Because deep deep down nobody really gives a flying f*ck about Port Adelaide or Port Power or whatever they’re called. And because a teal coloured indigenous guernsey would just look ridiculous. And let’s be honest here, they’re not a real club, they’re just an expansion club like the Gold Coast Suns with their pathetic Top Top Top song and their fair-weather bogan fans. Anyway, welcome back champ.

Awesome jumper. He’s a quality guy too, would consider turning for.

WITCHETTY GRUBS TILL THE EARLY MORN

Port using tarps for theirs.

I don’t suppose that many will remember the days when we had the world’s longest tradition of an unchanged guernsey?

We still do, don’t we? It’s just not an ongoing record.

No one will catch up.

Yes, that is correct.

But, especially in these dark days, we can still remember things as beautiful as the Essendon Football Club’s lost ideals.

Pink trim?

It’s not pink…

It’s Salmon…

Pink trim?

It’s not pink…

It’s Salmon…

Salmon’s back? Quick, pop him in the goal square.

I like the jumper, btw.

Hope Stokes is right be the dreamtime game.
would be a shame if he missed it.
if he misses swans/north he could be right for tigers, but some reports said 3-4 weeks.

Yes, that is correct.

But, especially in these dark days, we can still remember things as beautiful as the Essendon Football Club’s lost ideals.

I get people being upset about the clash strip, because that was certainly a fold when it came to adhering to an unnecessary AFL directive. But complaining about this Guernsey given what it represents is beyond the pale. Recognition of the nations first people given the 2 centuries of oppression they have had to endure to be celebrated in a forum which has gained them empowerment and respect is far bigger than the tradion of our jumper.

Yes, that is correct.

I get people being upset about the clash strip, because that was certainly a fold when it came to adhering to an unnecessary AFL directive. But complaining about this Guernsey given what it represents is beyond the pale. Recognition of the nations first people given the 2 centuries of oppression they have had to endure to be celebrated in a forum which has gained them empowerment and respect is far bigger than the tradion of our jumper.

Bigger than seatbelts?

Yes, that is correct.

Bigger than seatbelts?

I always thought the fact the that club saw the supporting of our people and the community as more important than how many times in a row we wore the same kit says more about the greatness of the club than our respect for tradition.

Yes, that is correct.

Bigger than seatbelts?

I always thought the fact the that club saw the supporting of our people and the community as more important than how many times in a row we wore the same kit says more about the greatness of the club than our respect for tradition.

I think a few people didn’t realise the precident they were setting.

Great to see a solid number of indigenous players at the guernsey launch. In recent years we’ve struggled to get even one indigenous player into the Dreamtime team but with Walla, Demps and Stokes all getting games this year and Jakey Long, Shred and Yesty all a chance it looks like we’re getting numbers back up. Do Richmond have anyone apart from Shane Edwards?