Dreamtime Scheduling

I wonder what, if anything, the Club will do to compensate members for not being able to attend ‘Dreamtime at the G’? How will the Club manage with a significant hit to its revenue without the game? I know the AwFuL will do what it usually does, protect its revenue. (Oh, and they’ll seize any opportunity to shaft the EFC while they’re at it!)

All good questions. If necessary, playing at Optus Stadium possibly solves the financial problem as it would probably sell out.

What they do to compensate members is more unknown.

1 Like

Some of us full paying members (silver) live in Perth, so we will be fully compensated :wink:

3 Likes

I dont know why they play the Dreamtime game on dreamtime day. People have lots of stuff on that day, they should play it on a different day so those people have a chance to go.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s similar to the Country Match.
Geelong residents are really busy at that time of year with fencing repairs, sheep grazier alerts, servicing their tractors, pruning their vineyards, and ordering the next batch of bull ■■■■■ online.
Should be played on a different day.

2 Likes

I know for a fact that @Klawdy has been busy pruning his beer fridge…

1 Like

look darwin makes sense (every year,imo)

but It would be great for our WA supporters to get to go 2 weeks in a row. its something we never get. we have a massive following here so i hope it happens

9 Likes

I’d like to be able to discuss what I’ve been servicing also but these damn droughts hit the farms hard.

1 Like

I reckon we could beat Richmond if it isnt played at the G. If they have to fly to Perth to play us it’s definitely even ground.

I agree with the second bit if your point. The first bit doesn’t make sense. How do you make up the most $800K from having 80,000 at the MCG? How do you make up the lost home game for members on 11 game packages?

Haven’t we lost in front of you in Perth enough??

3 Likes

Love Dreamtime at the G.

Not sacrificing another MCG game, all you tin pot Marvel stadium low hanging fruit can get fked

2 Likes

Hooker, Guelfi and Waterman won’t.

1 Like

Ralph saying the AFL has told clubs that they won’t be making a call on the round 12 fixture until mid next week.

Giving every opportunity for Dreamtime to be at the G.

We always get belted though

1 Like

I think the Dreamtime venue will be decided a bit earlier than mid week,
But Ralph can hedge his bets about the entire fixture and venues- duh!.

As I’ve said, if it’s to be Perth, then Essendon is away for an extra week. Richmond is away for an extra 3 weeks, including over their bye, and the Weagles get off free.
Whereas if Dreamtime is at the G, and no reason why not except for possible crowds, then Richmond & Essendon get their normal planned games & byes.
The only question is where Richmond v Weagles is to be played in 3 weeks time.
Which might be fine virus wise. Or the Weagles have to fly to a relatively less infectious venue like Sydney or Canberra after their bye, to play Richmond.
One team minor disruption against 2 teams medium to major disruption.

None of that commentary covers how it would be advantageous for Margetts to get more Eagles games.

haven’t they lost enough dreamtime at the G’s in Melbourne?

1 Like

9 news saying the WA government has approved Dreamtime to happen at Optus oval.

1 Like