Drinking Spirits

For me, It’s farking Southern Comfort. Don’t know why the fark I drank so much of it when I was a teen, but it scarred me deeply. Tastes like farkin aftershave. The smell makes me puke.

8 Likes

Old saying here is “A Fight in Every Bottle”:grin:

1 Like

Ok, I stand corrected. Always thought Brandy was, & hence, so was Cognac. Never been into either, like ever, so was as ignorant on them as the many seem to be.

Grape (Wine) Spirit it is, … casked like a Whiskey for a while.

Learnings, … every day. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Never drink with Fairybread

Had the same issue with scotch for about the same time. Started back into it 3 years ago, very slowly, now likey very much.

My selection of whiskies various, American, Canadian, Scottish and Irish. The Glenfiddich on the right was purchased just before my daughter was born, either late 1988 or early 89. Still yet to be opened, So old they didn’t even bother with an age statement. Think I will hold off opening now until I retire. The Black Bush is a nice drop and love my Laphroaig 10 yo. Picked up the Quarter Cask from Aldi when they were selling it for $70 and Dan’s had it for $135.

I don’t really drink rum or vodka much, but the Russian Standard Gold is an outstanding sipper. The rest are just there as mixers.

These are what sit behind/in the bar.

10 Likes

No…tell me it ain’t so…

Party at LB’s house!

4 Likes

I didn’t include any of the liqueurs, and my wine selection is second to everyone (can’t stand the stuff). Boss asked me to pick up a bottle for a departing workmate one day and told me what it was called (can’t remember) and I had to ask if it was a white or a red. Couldn’t have picked a worse person to choose a bottle of good wine. Must admit I do like my liqueurs too. Galliano, Frangelica, Sambucca (black and white), Amaretto, Limoncello. And to think, wasn’t that long ago, all I really drank was beer. Wasn’t until 2018 that I had ever finished a full bottle of spirits of any description and I’ve just turned 55.

4 Likes

Well,… you’re certainly making up for the lost time by the looks mate. :laughing:

Nice selection, I’d be quite happy at that bar for an Evening or 2.

1 Like

Yah sure. Don’t reckon you can go wrong with Fortaleza’s Reposado.

Its an absolute ripper.

There are a few more I’ll review. Fortaleza should be accessible at Dans tho.

1 Like

Well its all personal preference, but i enjoy patrons Anejo more.

For reposado theres a few good uns. I think a good one hits the sweet spot for tequila. As mentioned Fortaleza make a great one thats easy enough to buy in Oz.

2 Likes

I’ll need a couple scotches after the first quarter tonight…

1 Like

Sidey was in good spirits I heard.

1 Like

No-one has mentioned this yet. Of the Scotches, I only have Islands or Highlands.

I prefer this one to the more famous Laphraoig (which is displayed in LB’s bar).

4 Likes

Don Julio reposado would be a safe bet also and decent. All their products are.

Calle 23 is a nice drop as well.

Tequila is expensive here.

My advice is to go to a top end mexican restaurant with a bar and have 2 or 3 good ones neat before spending up on a bottle.

1 Like

Nice… Very nice.

See, that’s what you’re doing wrong.

Trick is to have them at least 30 minutes before the bounce,… and that way you just giggle if Essington turns up, instead of near stroking out.

1 Like

In one go?

1 Like

'kn oath it is. That one you mentioned is near 150 clams from Dan’s, … on a Members Offer!

Ouch!!

I can’t spend that much on a bottle of spirits in good conscience while people are starving in the World,… or dying through the lack of simple clean drinking water. no nope.

I was thinking more in the 40 to 60 range. :no_mouth:

1 Like

This is a good drop

3 Likes