Driving home the Gus Bus

That must be a Babel fish then …?

Was overrated when he played for us, and is finished as a player now.

I don’t think he would get a game in our current team either, would rather stokes

This.

This overrated midfielder we used as a small forward lead the goal kicking for us one year IIRC

The fact that a failed midfielder led our goal kicking is simply a sad indictment of our forward line for about the last decade (that and a third of his goals probably came from cheap frees #kiddingnotkidding). Also I never said he was rubbish, simply that Essendon fans acted like he was LeCras or something and would never entertain the idea of moving him on to try and get some value for him and hopefully add speed and crumbing ability in the F50, and then he decided to leave anyway.

From a football sense it doesnt make any but from a ■■■■ off port and koch it is perfect. Im aboard the bus!

It has merit if he can direct the forwardline as a leader.
One thing he could do was lead into space and have a shot at goal, and get a free kick.
could probably pencil him in for 20 goals if he came back next year.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

Forwardline is shaping up to have some more firepower.

If we can make Port pay his salary, because ■■■■ has been bringing the game into disrepute, then I’m all for it.

It has merit if he can direct the forwardline as a leader. One thing he could do was lead into space and have a shot at goal, and get a free kick. could probably pencil him in for 20 goals if he came back next year.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

I’d rather see Laverde, Redman, Eades or Langford there than Monfries. We’ll have enough older players on our list if most of the 12 come back. We don’t need to bring in more particularly when they were not that great to begin with.

It has merit if he can direct the forwardline as a leader. One thing he could do was lead into space and have a shot at goal, and get a free kick. could probably pencil him in for 20 goals if he came back next year.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

I’d rather see Laverde, Redman, Eades or Langford there than Monfries. We’ll have enough older players on our list if most of the 12 come back. We don’t need to bring in more particularly when they were not that great to begin with.

I see Laverde and Langford more as mids than forwards now. I did think they would be HFF’s though.
Monfries wont stop Eades/Redman/L’s from playing. He will just be keeping out the 23rd best player.

We have the opportunity to play all the kids even 3-4th years like Gleeson/Jerrett this year and they are being dropped for top ups yet first year player parish playing. If Eades/Redman are good enough they will play If monfries is poor he will run around and get a flag in VFL and make a few Cameo performances in the Senior side.

If he doesn’t cost much and wants to play for us. I would be happy to pick him up as a Delisted free agent.

He can fly the plane to Wangaratta!

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

I see Laverde and Langford more as mids than forwards now. I did think they would be HFF’s though.
Monfries wont stop Eades/Redman/L’s from playing. He will just be keeping out the 23rd best player.

We have the opportunity to play all the kids even 3-4th years like Gleeson/Jerrett this year and they are being dropped for top ups yet first year player parish playing. If Eades/Redman are good enough they will play If monfries is poor he will run around and get a flag in VFL and make a few Cameo performances in the Senior side.

If he doesn’t cost much and wants to play for us. I would be happy to pick him up as a Delisted free agent.

So next year are we going to have Collyer, Watson, Hocking, Myers, Zaharakis, Zerrett, Parish, Stanton, Goddard, Cooney, Heppell, Bird and Howlett AS WELL AS Laverde and Langford in the midfield? That’s 15 midfielders! The reality is that the ones capable will rotate through the forward line with Laverde, Langford, Collyer, Zerrett & Zaharakis and Howlett being prime candidates but there are others. Jerrett is also contracted next year.

I’d rather have a young guy occupying a spot on the list being in and out of the side but also with the potential to improve. Monfries has more potential to get worse than improve from a relatively low bar. Even if he’s free, our list does not need him and would be worse for him being on the list.

You need to remember that with potentially 12 being added back next year, any list changes will be from few on the list and therefore spots will be at a premium. We cannot afford to add mediocre old farts to the list from a list number perspective.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

I’d trade Fantasia this year if he is going to kick negative 15 goals.
Like gus but nah, don’t need him back. Would rather us chase someone younger or even use tippa in the forward line.

As IT has posted twice now in different thread, need to target blokes < 27 years old now

I like Gus, and think he’s received some unwarranted stick in this thread, but he doesn’t fit our age profile. That said…

It has merit if he can direct the forwardline as a leader.
One thing he could do was lead into space and have a shot at goal, and get a free kick.
could probably pencil him in for 20 goals if he came back next year.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

So next year are we going to have Collyer, Watson, Hocking, Myers, Zaharakis, Zerrett, Parish, Stanton, Goddard, Cooney, Heppell, Bird and Howlett AS WELL AS Laverde and Langford in the midfield? That's 15 midfielders! The reality is that the ones capable will rotate through the forward line with Laverde, Langford, Collyer, Zerrett & Zaharakis and Howlett being prime candidates but there are others. Jerrett is also contracted next year.

I’d rather have a young guy occupying a spot on the list being in and out of the side but also with the potential to improve. Monfries has more potential to get worse than improve from a relatively low bar. Even if he’s free, our list does not need him and would be worse for him being on the list.

You need to remember that with potentially 12 being added back next year, any list changes will be from few on the list and therefore spots will be at a premium. We cannot afford to add mediocre old farts to the list from a list number perspective.

If Myers, Heppell, Parish and Watson are in the side, Bird and Howlett won’t be. Cooney will be gone. Laverde is no certainty. There will be an injury or two. So you could fit him in. Would do a better defensive role forward while still picking up some goals than anyone else we have.

Jesus. Someone will start a “Bring back Wanganeen” thread next.

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

Are we talking about the same daniher here or are we recruiting Terry as a free agent.
Jesus. Someone will start a "Bring back Wanganeen" thread next.

I’m tempted to start a hardingham thread…

2017 Forwards
Daniher 35+ Goals
Hooker 30+ Goals
Brown 20+ Goals
Monfries 20+ Goals
Fantasia - 15 Goals

Are we talking about the same daniher here or are we recruiting Terry as a free agent.

Joe would need about 300+ shots, to have a chance at 35 goals

not what we need, next

Jesus. Someone will start a "Bring back Wanganeen" thread next.

Would still be best 22

B: Wanganeen, Carlisle, Hardwick
HB: McPhee, Merrett, Houli
C: Hawker, Blumfield, Anderson
HF: Monfries, Jenkins, Melksham
F: Cockatoo-Collins, Salmon, Moorcroft
R: J Madden, Carracella, Heffernan
IC: Cummings, Ryder, Manton, Crameri, Crow, Taubert

Yep. Comfortably.

B: Wanganeen, Carlisle, Hardwick HB: McPhee, Merrett, Houli C: Hawker, Blumfield, Heffernan HF: Monfries, Jenkins, Melksham F: Cockatoo-Collins, Salmon, Moorcroft R: J Madden, Carracella, ? IC: Cummings, Ryder, Manton, Crameri, Crow, Taubert

Yep. Comfortably.

Glenn Kilpatrick?

B: Wanganeen, Carlisle, Hardwick HB: McPhee, Merrett, Houli C: Hawker, Blumfield, Heffernan HF: Monfries, Jenkins, Melksham F: Cockatoo-Collins, Salmon, Moorcroft R: J Madden, Carracella, ? IC: Cummings, Ryder, Manton, Crameri, Crow, Taubert

Yep. Comfortably.

Glenn Kilpatrick?

Gotta have some standards. Haven’t got…who was that guy who played for four clubs and went in that deal?
Anyway, haven’t got him either. Or Raines or Richardson.
I’m sure I’ve forgotten some pretty big names of the last 30 odd years though.