Dumb Questions Amnesty

What do you do when a family member reckons a parent is getting early dementia but you can't see it and you're pretty sure they wouldn't have a bar of it too? At a complete loss with this one. You start finding yourself studying them and wondering yourself about stuff you probably wouldn't have.

Get a professional to advise?

I guess so. I can foresee a situation where a very awkward conversation may need to happen.

What do you do when a family member reckons a parent is getting early dementia but you can't see it and you're pretty sure they wouldn't have a bar of it too? At a complete loss with this one. You start finding yourself studying them and wondering yourself about stuff you probably wouldn't have.

I guess so. I can foresee a situation where a very awkward conversation may need to happen.

Yep, you know that will happen.
On the positive side - the recipient ā€˜mayā€™ forget you had itā€¦

(too soon?)

My sisters all thought my mum was losing it, but I just couldnā€™t see what they were talking aboutā€¦and then I could, and then it got worse. She was 90-91 though. Got bad before she died a month short of 93.

Why is Kylie Minogue so cherished?

Why is Kylie Minogue so cherished?

Let me make a short listā€¦

Seriously, thatā€™s it?

Seriously, that's it?

Little next-door-girl makes big time despite odds and pits against mega-stars.
+
Charisma
+
Great marketing

Has anyone used UBER or know of an UBER driver? If so what are they like to use? How does the rating thing work?

Yeah use it regularly.

App connected to your bank account/card, cashless transaction.

Put in your location/use phone GPS, app shows nearby drivers.
Click request uber.
App advises if there is a surcharge (only during peak periods)
put in your destination
uber driver comes to you, and takes you where you need to be.

Best part is uber driver doesnā€™t find out where theyā€™re taking you until they accept the fare.

basic 5 star rating system. You give them a score out of 5 they give you a score out of 5. If a driver or riders rating drops below a certain threshold, they can no longer access the service.

Definitely start with the GP.
Everyone likes lemon merringue pie. Except people you don't want to be friends with anyway.

Problem is - it takes about ā€˜the rind of half a lemonā€™ to make a tart.
I have - hundreds of lemons.

If it were me I would zest and juice them and then freeze in small quantities Lemon zest and juice useful for everything

If I were you Iā€™d send them to me

Only just saw this - we juice then freeze in ice cube trays for adding to food.

Everyone likes lemon merringue pie. Except people you don't want to be friends with anyway.

Problem is - it takes about ā€˜the rind of half a lemonā€™ to make a tart.
I have - hundreds of lemons.

If it were me I would zest and juice them and then freeze in small quantities Lemon zest and juice useful for everything

If I were you Iā€™d send them to me

Only just saw this - we juice then freeze in ice cube trays for adding to food.

That is not only an obvious, but also a great idea.

7 internet cookies to you.

My sisters all thought my mum was losing it, but I just couldn't see what they were talking about...and then I could, and then it got worse. She was 90-91 though. Got bad before she died a month short of 93.

The first obvious sign with my dear old Nana was when she started buttering her slippers instead of her toast in the mornings.

She slid downhill very quickly after that.

Gold

my dad started calling his jumper a filthy catholic a couple of years ago

Did Don Quixote call his donkey Oatey?

Did Don Quixote call his donkey Oatey?
Sancho Panza had the donkey. Don Quixote had a horse called Rocinante.

Sorry for the straight answer.

How much wood REALLY can a woodchuck chuck?

How much wood REALLY can a woodchuck chuck?

I guess it all depends on whether a woodchuck could chuck wood.

why is there such a big inquest into the death of Phil Hughes. Players being interviewed etc. Or is it more about faulty equipment or something that didnā€™t protect him?

Are they trying to pin blame on the opposition?