Dumb Questions Amnesty

Is it wrong to want to spit in your partners burger while your stuck having a weightloss shake? ■■■■■■ wife got a large big mac meal and I was stuck having my MAN Shake.

WTF is a “man shake”?

themanshake.com.au/

interesting, does it fill you up or are you still hungry afterwards?

Im full after having it. Some of the flavours are amazing. Equates to $2 a meal.

Best thing is that you can snack between meals e.g fruit, greek yogurt or tuna is fine as men need more protein.

I am not sure...um....why is this.....my question is.......but....

My theory is that fashion is "the transfer of glamour"®

Beautiful people get paid/freebies to wear things that would be considered outrageous otherwise. [That is why people like me do not set fashion trends].

Other people think “Hmm, of course it looks stupid at first, but it does look good on them. Maybe it will be OK on me”. They are hoping to get some transfer of glamour,

This continues until people considered dags wear it. By then, the fashion cycle has moved on and th glamorous are advertising something else.

And if you’re one of the dags, … you ultimately end up the trend setter that everyone comes back around to thinking it’s all cool again.

Just give it 10 to 15 years as they cycle through re selling you what they sold you a decade or two ago, and you’ll eventually look super hip.

And if you're one of the dags, .. you ultimately end up the trend setter that everyone comes back around to thinking it's all cool again.

Just give it 10 to 15 years as they cycle through re selling you what they sold you a decade or two ago, and you’ll eventually look super hip.

NB:

Fashion. Has there ever, in the history of mankind, been a more facile pointless thing invented?

Here, spend thousands of dollars on clothes to look good this year so you can throw them away next year, & spend thousands more on what the mags are telling you is IN right now …

Never mind about the children in the world that die each day for lack of a cup of rice, and another of clean water.

Makes me apoplectic at times.

but GBP 55.00 = AUD 91.83/

I gunna make my own.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable we have to alter it every six months.
-Oscar Wilde

I am not sure...um....why is this.....my question is.......but....

My theory is that fashion is "the transfer of glamour"®

Beautiful people get paid/freebies to wear things that would be considered outrageous otherwise. [That is why people like me do not set fashion trends].

Other people think “Hmm, of course it looks stupid at first, but it does look good on them. Maybe it will be OK on me”. They are hoping to get some transfer of glamour,

This continues until people considered dags wear it. By then, the fashion cycle has moved on and th glamorous are advertising something else.

Seem a lot of ■■■ girls wear that crap.

Still don’t understand it but oh well

No they don’t. You don’t see denim much.

I was just in my local bottle’o with my son who is 23.
The young girl at the counter proceeded to ask my son, who wasn’t buying anything, for his ID.
She claims it is illegal for a minor to enter a bottle shop at any time, even if accompanied by their parent.
I called bullshit. She stuck to her guns and said if he hasn’t got ID he was ment to wait outside.
I’ve done a little Google search and so far I think she was wrong.
We teach RSA at work, so tomorrow I’m going to make a call to our assessor and see what the deal is.
My dumb questions are- anyone here have RSA ticket?
Anyone come across a similar situation?

I was just in my local bottle'o with my son who is 23. The young girl at the counter proceeded to ask my son, who wasn't buying anything, for his ID. She claims it is illegal for a minor to enter a bottle shop at any time, even if accompanied by their parent. I called bullshit. She stuck to her guns and said if he hasn't got ID he was ment to wait outside. I've done a little Google search and so far I think she was wrong. We teach RSA at work, so tomorrow I'm going to make a call to our assessor and see what the deal is. My dumb questions are- anyone here have RSA ticket? Anyone come across a similar situation?

You’d have to check the exact wording of their liquor license but it’s not unusual for minors to be banned from entering bottle shops, nightclubs etc. even if accompanied by an adult.

I think it is unusual. He can enter a bottle shop, he is just not allowed to consume or purchase any alcohol.
What if you go to a general store that sells groceries and alcohol, does that mean he can’t enter that either? Or even a restaurant?

I was just in my local bottle'o with my son who is 23. The young girl at the counter proceeded to ask my son, who wasn't buying anything, for his ID. She claims it is illegal for a minor to enter a bottle shop at any time, even if accompanied by their parent. I called bullshit. She stuck to her guns and said if he hasn't got ID he was ment to wait outside. I've done a little Google search and so far I think she was wrong. We teach RSA at work, so tomorrow I'm going to make a call to our assessor and see what the deal is. My dumb questions are- anyone here have RSA ticket? Anyone come across a similar situation?

No. Sounds stupid.

And knowing politicians, … Just stupid enough to be true too …

I think it is unusual. He can enter a bottle shop, he is just not allowed to consume or purchase any alcohol. What if you go to a general store that sells groceries and alcohol, does that mean he can't enter that either? Or even a restaurant?

A minor is not allowed in a pub, despite being with a guardian, I’m pretty sure.
Not sure about all alcohol vendors. That wouldn’t make sense, since even supermarkets have an attached alcohol store. I imagine it is because a pub is considered an ‘adult zone’. If you can’t get away from the kids there, where the fark can you.

I think it is unusual. He can enter a bottle shop, he is just not allowed to consume or purchase any alcohol. What if you go to a general store that sells groceries and alcohol, does that mean he can't enter that either? Or even a restaurant?

A minor is not allowed in a pub, despite being with a guardian, I’m pretty sure.
Not sure about all alcohol vendors. That wouldn’t make sense, since even supermarkets have an attached alcohol store. I imagine it is because a pub is considered an ‘adult zone’. If you can’t get away from the kids there, where the fark can you.

In, or near the bar - that’s correct. Everywhere else (bistro, lounges, beer gardens)in the pub is usually ok.

This was at a supermarket bottle shop.
I’m chasing this up, its annoying me.

I’ve walked into plenty of bottle shops with a 4 year old and it’s never come up. If it was illegal there would be signs up. She’s probably confusing law with company policy

^^^ And the diff between pub/club & bottle-o is that it is service of alcohol in a ready form (bottle already open, to be had onsite generally)

Unless she’s mixing drinks at the register, I’d say she is loony.

And the below is straight from the guidelines on packaged liquor licences used by super markets & bottle shops:

1. Minors on Premises
    5.1 No minors are to be permitted on the licensed premises unless they are accompanied by
    a parent, spouse or guardian or a responsible adult.
    5.2 The licensee shall ensure that any minor employed to work on licensed premises is not
    involved in the supply of liquor other than in an approved training program.
    5.3 The licensee must maintain a list/register of minors employed on the premises (which may
    be the business time and wages record book) and which is available upon request for
    viewing by an authorised officer of the Victoria Police or a gambling and liquor inspector
    under the meaning of the Liquor Control Reform Act 1998.
    5.4 The licensee must, where there are reasonable grounds for considering that an adult is
    purchasing alcohol for a minor, decline the purchase of the alcohol.

And funnily enough, the minor is 23 (albeit without ID)

She might have thought you were buying for him (she thought he was underage). Short of asking you to leave as well, she's probably just doing what she's been taught to do.

-edit- not by RSA course, but by management

She might have thought you were buying for him (she thought he was underage). Short of asking you to leave as well, she's probably just doing what she's been taught to do.

-edit- not by RSA course, but by management

Which is kind of strange given it’s not illegal for an adult to allow a minor to drink, your kid or even a friend o long as that friend’s parent has given permission (hence written notes for parties). In fact a minor can have a drink in a pub if accompanied by a parent, guardian or (!) spouse, and they are having a meal.

My missus went to buy my turning-17 daughter a couple of ciders, checkout chick refused service - to my missus - on the basis that they were being bought for daughter. Sounds like checkout girl was exactly in line with her guidelines, so can’t blame her. So it’s not allowable to buy grog for a minor while it is legal to let them drink it (in certain circumstances). I guess the intent might be that you can let them have a little of what you have got but should not be buying a slab of mixed drinks or bottle of vodka for them. Bit weird and inconsistent but in some ways has its heart in the right place. Personally I’d rather no drinking til 18 but the missus is from the ‘a little, supervised, is the least worst’ school of thought (that most modern research rubbishes)…