Dumb Questions Amnesty

From my understanding the club first came up with the sash when they played back in the vfl era. They club all wore black and to distinguish players they found a red ribbon to form a sash.

Why is it taboo to take a mental health day?

Also, is it a mental health day if you have 2 kids under 4 waiting at home and loads of housework to do?

2 Likes

You may have answered your own question, there.
Edit: Although possibly Iā€™ve misinterpreted you.

Call it a sickie, which is what it is :slightly_smiling_face:

If someone requests to ā€˜turn the air-conditioner upā€™ā€¦ are they asking for an increase or decrease in temperature? or point it at the roof?

2 Likes

The answer to this question lies in the answer to this one: When an alarm sounds, does it go off or on?

1 Like

I was literally asking this question yesterday and tried to turn it into a riddle

Anyone else have a black thumb when it comes to gardening?

One word - ā€˜nativesā€™.
Two more - ā€˜choose themā€™.

1 Like

My little shrubs are going gangbusters. The lawn has carked it. So much for hardy Walter Buffalo

Thatā€™s a load of bullā€¦

Weā€™ll seeing as when the air con is off, the potentionimeter is neutral. To turn it on it must be turned up.

Turning on emits cool air. Thus turning up equals vooling

Even the gardener said it looks sick and carked it.

Itā€™s not easy to keep lawn beautiful over time. Unless youā€™re like the older guy down the road from me. I drive past of an evening, and heā€™s there, on his knees, with a pair of scissors in his hand, almost caressing the blades. Itā€™s fascinating.

1 Like

Exactly, but I would love it to look green rather than white even in summer.

Im time poor.

This GIF was on twitter. It says this is a vinyl disc needle under an electron microscope (oops, maybe this is the wrong forum).
I can see the grooves. I can see the needle running through the grooves. I understand how it would result in some sounds, but I donā€™t get how elaborate passages of music are contained in the vinyl and transposed onto the needle.

4 Likes

Itā€™s incredible isnā€™t it?

Iā€™ve always been amazed by it, as I have by how re arranged particles of rust on a 1/8th of an inch of plastic strip running over a metal head can produce the same thing.

1 Like

It gets better, the signal goes through a little wire and out of a cardboard cone. Incredible.

1 Like

Get yourself EZ Turf (Empire Zoysia) Iā€™m in melbourne, its green 10/12 months, not super soft, but pretty good and doesnā€™t need much mowing.

How is it possible for one Human head to create so much fking Snot!!??

Fk the flu.