Dumb Questions Amnesty

Anyone know what the term Falcon means in AFL football.

Had a trivia quiz at work today, I have never heard this term. Hoping someone knows/has heard it before

Perhaps @DJR may know…

(I do know the answer now, evenso can say I have never heard of it before)

Get hit in the head by the ball.

eg. everytime it happens in the afl the commentators lose their ■■■■

1 Like

Thanks barnz.

have the commentators on mute most of time, lol, probably why I have never heard the term.

I think it’s a relatively new term, but gets pretty saturation use already.

1 Like

K. Walsh did that once per game.

Still remember the classic Walsh-ism, albeit not a falcon, against Richmond. Disco Roach was chasing him not expecting to catch him, until Walsh bounced the ball back over his own head into Roach’s lap, who turned around and goaled.

I believe it comes from League. Maria French, known as the Maltese Falcon, got hit in the head by the ball. Now they call it ‘the Falcon’.

2 Likes

thanks THT

*Mario Fenech.

Why did we get Franga just right so he can be ready to play football for the Crows next season?
What a waste of time.

Anyone got a pool table? Thinking of getting one but not sure what features I need

Poofstick?

1 Like

I have a pool table.

It’s an Alcocks, had it for 12 years.

The important things are that it’s straight/level, doesn’t need re cushioning or new cloth, as it can be expensive. If possible have a play on it.

You should be able to pick a good second hand one if you look around, Oh and remember they are heavy if you decide to get one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well good ones are. If it’s not heavy just walk away

2 Likes

Quality slate base, (all slate is not equal in flatness …) 8 x 4 (perfect size IMO),… ball racks rather than pockets.

4 Likes

Perhaps I should of added for when you move it into your house, have a few mates ready to help you out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Acquaintances are better. Then you don’t have to listen to them drone on about the amount of effort they donated to you.

2 Likes

Yep agree re ball racks, the table I had prior to this one had pockets.

Ball racks are the go.

2 Likes

Inherited mine from my Dad, who got when his RSL went modern with poker machines and no room for the Billiard tables. My Dad was Vic RSL champ, but I have none of his ability with a cue.

Full size about 80 years old, had it recovered when we moved it to our place. Beautiful piece of furniture.

I am told you can get these still cheaply as full size are not popular.

2 Likes

Definitely need a “Near Cue” too

1 Like