Dumb Questions Amnesty

Because AFL is an all inclusive sport.

Potatoes that you hit that have dirt still on them.

WTF is up with that?
Why would these ever be a better option over, I dunno, ones without dirt?

FFS

might be an old wives tale, but I thought unwashed potatoes lasted longer.

3 Likes

Cheaper. That’s about it. They are not softer on the environment, since mass-processing (washing) would be more efficient than washing your purchase at home.

1 Like

Yup, … brushed do store better.

And I always buy the brushed because they are usually Sebago’s and locally grown in Vic (Thorpdale / Koo Wee Rup etc) in actual rich red dirt, while washed normally come from sandy soil grown lots in Sth Aus, are usually not a good roasting variety, and have less flavour because of the sandy loam they grow them in, IMO.

3 Likes

You’ve thought about this a lot, haven’t you? :thinking:

1 Like

Now that I think about it, the washed varieties seem to be smaller, too.

1 Like

I’m an extremely thoughtful person.

1 Like

Insightful.

I’ve been thinking of nominating myself for the International Humanitarian Award.

2 Likes

For anyone that’s played footy down Colac and Distrixt way (Parish country). You can literally pick up potatoes out of the centre wicket area on a couple of the footy grounds down that way. Alvie and Pirron Yallock from memory.

2 Likes

Yeah…good spuds in the south-west. And usually unwashed, unless you buy them at the supermarket.

4 Likes

Has Linus had Asperger’s all this time and I’ve only just noticed?

Election day. Can I go in, tick my name off the electoral roll and walk out without touching a ballot paper?

That is a crime but yes. Attendance is checked, votes are not. And it’s less of a waste of everyone’s time than doing an informal.

you can also do it at pre polling.

They draw the line through your name before handing you the papers, so…

Just don’t be an grandstander about it.

They’ll probably have a helper there to make sure you know the difference between white and green.
Could be a bit awks if you don’t have anything.

If you’re going to the booth anyway you could write a Jon vs Dany table on it.

They don’t really give a stuff from my experience.

My old man ran the local polling station for about a decade, spent a few friday nights putting together the cardboard urinal stalls when I was in primary school.

1 Like

Yeah they have chased and fined a few people.
Not all that smart to make noise about breaking the law.