Dumb Questions Amnesty

More like Albandifficult (to pronounce in Japanese)

So, in any joint Defence Minister pressers, Richard Marles might be a handful? Might be best to just call him Minister?

Yes but I think The final syllable would be “ji” instead

1 Like

Who are the Port Fairy / Warrnambool blitzers? I need some recommendations for dinner / breakfast this coming weekend.

@Alan_Noonan_10 is this your locale?

Breakfast - Bank St and Co is by far the best option

Dinner - depends what you’re after
Merrijig Inn - heavily booked
Bottega Toscana - simple Italian
Conlan’s Wine Bar - mightn’t be open weekends
3 Thai joints
2 pizza joints
3 pubs - Victoria is gluten free

Heaps of options in Warrnambool

Izzy’s in Koroit might be an opton - pretty eclectic

2 Likes

Thank you

Ill see how I go…

Oh, almost forgot.

Best coffee place?

Oak and Anchor on Bank St opposite Railway Square

Or

Port Fairy Coffee Roasters (closed Sunday)

1 Like

FWIW

All the good places weren’t really going to suit a night out with teenage kids. Couple of other nice places for a drink, but alas…

Coffin Sally was great for pizza and wide selection of beers.

Also, surprised by Red Hen. Just a local burger and bbq chicken joint, but it was cheap and cheerful.

Sad to see, like most other small towns, every second shop either had a sign in the window with job vacancies, or the staff looked too old or too young to be working.

I assumed you were looking for something flash. Coffin Sally is great, as is Alexo (pizza plus Thai).

Nearly all the rentals are short-term so it’s hard to find lower wage staff. Lots of younger staff work say coffee shops in the mornings, food places in the evening.

1 Like

Would ordinarily have hit up the nice places, but the teenagers weren’t going to help us any.

There’s a bit of a gap in offerings, but we’re spoilt for choice in Melbourne.

Nice to be back for the first time in about 20 years. I love bluestone so it was great to see it in all its glory.

I have seen this question asked in a few threads now, but no answers…maybe it is the unanswerable question!!

When does pre-season start?

November 21 for 1-4 year players, early December for the rest.
Source: I googled it.

2 Likes

Thank you.

My google searching didn’t bring anything up…

When you pay a tip on EFTPOS who gets it, and how is it paid? Cash might be easier to ‘keep’ for a waiter, but who’s keeping tabs on the tips? I imagine you’d have to trust the boss (lol)

just dont

not a dumb question, but given I’ve mentioned the brownies I help sell at the North Essendon Farmers Market a few times in this thread… :smiley:

2 Likes

Nepalese tent that does stir fry and dumplings at Alphington farmers market is amazing. Most simple dish you’ve ever had. A toe curler.

They’re not there every week, and it’s gold coin (via credit card) to get in

2 Likes

Why does Coke (and probably make a case for virtually every other beverage) always taste considerably better when in the glass bottle?

I believe it’s because the glass reacts less with the coke than plastic (and the plastic lining of the cans), and also less of the gas leaks over time, so it’s fizzier and has a “purer” coke taste.

1 Like

Really cold can of coke, tastes better