Dustin Fletcher, our hero hangs up his cape

Is the club doing anything for him on Sunday?

Legend.

It’s just disappointing that we couldn’t have gotten him one last premiership.

Next year will be the first time since 1984 we've started the year without an Essendon premiership player on the list.
Stevie J?

Good-bye Fletch. Thanks for the wonderful memories. Legend of the the game and the club.

Can't believe I sat up and watched the Footy Show!!! Wanted to see some Fletch love and any possible announcement yet, Crawford was the only one who said a word on it.

c*** head Brayshaw actually gave a speech for Chappy (correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that was last weeks news)

It’s a disgrace Fletch has been almost forgotten and the club have been tight lipped also.

Fletch is the same age as me, for my entire adulthood he has been dominating in the Red and Black. He is/was a superstar that deserves the biggest of send offs!!!

Have you thought that maybe Fletch didn’t want to make a big deal out of it? Maybe he just wanted to retire quietly without fuss?

He obviously didn’t want to do a presser as we only got told via email.

Those clips on EFC , sensational , me and the wife are crying right now . No more "good on ya Fetch "! What a Legend …

Next year will be the first time since 1984 we've started the year without an Essendon premiership player on the list.
Stevie J?

You might want to read the post a bit more carefully.

The guys old as hell but I really want him to play another year. It would be awesome and I still think he has more to offer the club as a player. God he was so good in 2000.

Stevie J?

You might want to read the post a bit more carefully.

Very true

What a legend. Brings a tear to the eye.

Great clip on the club’s website. Stirs the emotions big time. I doubt we will ever see another player of his ilk. Thanks for so many wonderful memories Fletch. Hope you can still be involved around the club in some capacity.

It’s been a privilege to have been able to watch him throughout his career. I’ll never forget that booming goal he kicked from the centre square and his game-saving tackle in the drawn game against the Scum a few years back. Fletch at his very best. Truly the end of an era in so many ways.

There goes my hero
Watch him as he goes
There goes my hero
He’s ordinary

I was 7 years old when Fletcher played on Stephen Kernahan in the 1993 Grand Final.

I’m now 31 years old and don’t remember football without him.

You age very weirdly.

:frowning:

He will be missed…hope he stays on as a defence coach

good luck Fletch

Can't believe I sat up and watched the Footy Show!!! Wanted to see some Fletch love and any possible announcement yet, Crawford was the only one who said a word on it.

c*** head Brayshaw actually gave a speech for Chappy (correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure that was last weeks news)

It’s a disgrace Fletch has been almost forgotten and the club have been tight lipped also.

Fletch is the same age as me, for my entire adulthood he has been dominating in the Red and Black. He is/was a superstar that deserves the biggest of send offs!!!

Have you thought that maybe Fletch didn’t want to make a big deal out of it? Maybe he just wanted to retire quietly without fuss?

He obviously didn’t want to do a presser as we only got told via email.

feels like a break up via sms…

Essendon has been so blessed over the years with the quality and integrity of its champions and Fletch sits way at the top of that list on both counts.

Devastated to see him finish but he gave us so many great memories and every football supporter would have nothing but thanks and appreciation for Fletch’s contribution to the game.

Well done Fletch and wish you every success in the future!

I defy any bombers fan to have a dry eye after watching that fantastic tribute video. I got about halfway through…