Early changes for Weagles

no way should Jamar be dropped. Kicked straight, clunked a few and was a presence up forward

Ashby was good, shouldn’t be dropped either.

The only guy who you could drop based on performance or lack of one would be Stokes. The rest all deserve to hold their spot imo

Francis and McKernan very stiff that there is another VFL bye. Smack could have really staked a claim with a backup 4-quarter performance, while I think Francis could’ve got two more VFL games in and then in for St Kilda.

Jamar is playing the TBC role for mine. Trialing playing two rucks, and its working. He stays.

We look such a better team with a second forward target after JOE. Mitch is a good third forward.

Having Fanta buzzing around there actually gives us a workable forward line.

Would love to see Yestin slot in for a game or two, perhaps for Stokes?

Who drops out for SMACK and/or Dea?

Ashby/Gleeson may be unlucky.

I just can’t see how he could possibly play with Jamar, Looney and Joe in the side. And like you said, Jamar was very solid. I can see the argument that Mckernan may be a better option at Subiaco oval though, especially sans Naitanui. Could you drop Jamar though? Would be very harsh!

he’s a top up player how is it harsh?

no way should Jamar be dropped. Kicked straight, clunked a few and was a presence up forward

The only guy who you could drop based on performance or lack of one would be Stokes. The rest all deserve to hold their spot imo

If Jamar was already on the list next year I’d agree with you. If no one was putting up their hand on our list I’d agree with you. If there was no one else who had physical presence available I’d agree with you. If Smack wasn’t more mobile on the long Subiaco ground I’d agree with you. If Woosha hadn’t designated Smack as the alternative to Jamar as the forward/ruck back up role when he named him as the emergency (on very little form as opposed to match winning form), I’d agree with you.

I don’t agree with you.

But I do agree Ashby was good and should hold his place. Dea could be a good get, but he’s not ours yet, so I wouldn’t prefer him over any of our non top up players, who we think are contributing and learning, and prefer to hide Dea if we want him.

I also agree about Stokes on form, but he definitely has a coaching role out there, I’ve noticed him grabbing Parish and instructing him after kicking goals, you may have heard/read his interview when he was praising Fantasia for his amazing first half (“It’s great reward for all the hard work he does behind the scenes, too,” Stokes said. “He’s great to teach because he really listens and takes everything on board.”). So if Stokes is teaching Parish, Fantasia and others the trade of becoming a small forward, and last night is any indication of the effect he is having, I can put up with him in the forward line.

If Jamar was already on the list next year I’d agree with you. If no one was putting up their hand on our list I’d agree with you. If there was no one else who had physical presence available I’d agree with you. If Smack wasn’t more mobile on the long Subiaco ground I’d agree with you. If Woosha hadn’t designated Smack as the alternative to Jamar as the forward/ruck back up role when he named him as the emergency (on very little form as opposed to match winning form), I’d agree with you.

I don’t agree with you.

But I do agree Ashby was good and should hold his place. Dea could be a good get, but he’s not ours yet, so I wouldn’t prefer him over any of our non top up players, who we think are contributing and learning, and prefer to hide Dea if we want him.

I also agree about Stokes on form, but he definitely has a coaching role out there, I’ve noticed him grabbing Parish and instructing him after kicking goals, you may have heard/read his interview when he was praising Fantasia for his amazing first half (“It’s great reward for all the hard work he does behind the scenes, too,” Stokes said. “He’s great to teach because he really listens and takes everything on board.”). So if Stokes is teaching Parish, Fantasia and others the trade of becoming a small forward, and last night is any indication of the effect he is having, I can put up with him in the forward line.

I am a massive Smack fan and would love to see him in the team. I just don’t think we should be dropping a guy who played well(it sends the wrong message. Bring Smack back against Stkilda.

Why are people calling for Bird, Jamar, Asbhy and Hams out? Bird is a MUST, in terms of mature bodies in the midfield that just add to the grunt. Jamar played well, you can’t deny it. He and Daniher also pose a threat when long balls are kicked into the 50. Ashby did well enough to get picked again imo. Also, woosha hasn’t dropped players after just one game. In all cases woosha has given them 2-3 consecutive games to show their worth. Dea coming in doesn’t mean Ashby out. Could mean Gleeson. Hams also does not deserve to be dropped and confused as to why people want him dropped. He adds a ton of pressure, tackles, hard ball and I think his disposal and decision making has been very clean. Don’t think anyone deserves to be dropped, as well as nobody banging the door down in VFL. Maybe off the back of the West Coast game, someone will deserve to be dropped. Also gives Langford, LAV, St Francis, Mckenna, Smack all another week to play another good game in the VFL. No changes against West coast. Will be an interesting selection table ahead of the St Kilda game imo.

OUT: Stokes / Jerrett / Ashby / Jamar / Hams

IN: Mckenna / Laverde / Smack / Dea / Langford

Not sure if serious
Boooooooo. Gee their supporters are a pack of farkwits.

The Eagles will be up 60+ and they will still boo decisions going against them.

farkwits.

Laverde and Langford in

Francis save him for the Saints game.

Smack for Jamar doesn’t make sense if they’re using Jamar as a poor man’s Bellchambers based on next year’s structure.

Totally different players and he’d be absolutely useless if he tried to play like Jamar has, and he’d change the dynamic of the forwardline if he played his own game. Either way I don’t see the point of it.

I think Smack’s future (if he has one here - seems Dodoro et al don’t rate him particularly highly given how his contract offer played out) is as a direct replacement for Leuenberger. I don’t think there’s anything to be gained by playing the two together.

Smack for Jamar doesn't make sense if they're using Jamar as a poor man's Bellchambers based on next year's structure.

Totally different players and he’d be absolutely useless if he tried to play like Jamar has, and he’d change the dynamic of the forwardline if he played his own game. Either way I don’t see the point of it.

I think Smack’s future (if he has one here - seems Dodoro et al don’t rate him particularly highly given how his contract offer played out) is as a direct replacement for Leuenberger. I don’t think there’s anything to be gained by playing the two together.

I disagree. Bellchambers will be told to play a certain way and back in 2014 her more than held his own as a deep forward.

Not sure if serious cockwomble

Am sure if cockwomble.

Not sure if serious

Pretty simple really … think before you post.

Smack for Jamar doesn't make sense if they're using Jamar as a poor man's Bellchambers based on next year's structure.

I disagree. Bellchambers will be told to play a certain way and back in 2014 her more than held his own as a deep forward.

I was talking about Smack in that second paragraph, not Belly. Belly’s 2013 was brilliant, averaged something like 25 hitouts and 1.5 goals.

Watch us get spanked, and the umps give us a good run, then everyone can say we are not hard done by and just winging about umpiring against GWS (when it actually mattered)

Watch us get spanked, and the umps give us a good run, then everyone can say we are not hard done by and just winging about umpiring against GWS (when it actually mattered)

Soft frees to us once we’re 8 goals in arrears.

Prime time fixture = 8 goals down at quarter time.

Are we the only team that gets a 10 day break for the bye?

Think the Crows did.

Crows had 12. We have 11 days between, as do Hawks and Collingwood.

Smack, Langford, Irish and Dea would be in contention. Lav didn’t do enough IMO. Francis not fit enough yet. Hardest thing also is most of team played well. Id give Ashby another game.
Touch calls for coaches but good problem to have

I'd be playing smack over Jamar next game. Big ground and lots of running are not good for the big Russian.

Langford, Lav, Redman, Eades all in contention. Dea to return.

I really want to see how our forward line will go with two players who have pace, skill and goal sense. Eades in for me.

You really think Eades is in contention?

Open my eyes and RISE LIKE YEAST