“Easy” win versus the Gold Coast Sins - discuss

Could Colyer replace McNiece? He would provide more drive.

Agree on Lav. I’m not a believer in him, but he should get another 3 or 4 game crack before the season is out. But needs at least one more VFL game

Seemed to be getting a lot of work done on him during the match - said on the post game interview that it was just tightness.

Out for the rest of the year tis then!

Lose to GC - typical Essendon, can’t beat lower teams.
Beat GC by 50 odd points - typical Essendon, only beats lower teams.

14 Likes

Disagree. Lol.

4 Likes

The people that thought we were going to lose are the same people moaning that we didn’t beat them by more.

8 Likes

On topic, I was quite pleased with the win. How our skills could be so bad in the 1st half is still beyond my comprehension, but we totally dominated the second half and probably missing 80% of our preferred forward line was most likely the roadblock to a 12 goal win.

2 Likes

Imagine Joe jumping on May’s head all second half?

2 Likes

Biggest win all season and on the road - typical Essendon not to win by a bigger margin.

4 Likes

I’d add that it’s rare for teams to park the bus as completely as the Gold Coast did in the third. They had no intention of scoring what so ever. It was weird.

I missed last night’s game but aside from Begley’s debut and the half dozen bounces into goal made by Irish last year, surely last night was a better effort than that?

1 Like

Yes it was.

1 Like

It really wasn’t!
Last year we were against better opponents and played a better standard of football!

It’s nice that we won, but come on.

What happened to GCS at halftime? They didn’t turn up in the second half.

Last night was the first time I watched them play this year and, wow, they’re woeful.

Parish and McGrath played well in the middle.
Brown presented really well, Smack could learn something from him, but to be fair, he got burnt quite a few times.

Obviously, this is already established but Langford can midfield… and forward!

Heppell, Zerrett and Hurley were probably the best three. Guelfi played very well too.

What’s up with Saad? He is normally calm and disciplined but since the Fremantle game, he seems easy to rattle. Obviously it was his old team last night but I still didn’t expect that from him, just not being 100% focused.

Jesus. It was a rubbish game. We played rubbish. No argument there.

But the amount of words wasted on bagging a 44 point win INTERSTATE is just insane.

Take the the points, accept it was a crap game, be glad we won, and move on FFS

21 Likes

From my point of view he started the year quite brightly, but we had an enormous reshuffle when Daniher stopped playing and Hooker went back. He didn’t deal with being the prime target well and was dropped, presumably to work on moving from a third tall to more of a key position forward. He was pretty dominate in the VFL game yesterday. For what it’s worth I still think he is a player.

1 Like

I thought that was the general sentiment in the thread?

1 Like

Yes.

From sensible people, yes. But theres a very noisy “We should have won by 100 and we had better wins in previous years and plan B blah blah blah” minority it seems. Though I have to admit I haven’t read the whole thread