Eddie Park

Why don’t we bulldoze Vic Park as well and flog off that land too? Would make for great real estate close to the city and transport.

And too bad for anyone living west or North of of the city/Geelong.

Let me guess, it’ll be sold as great for fans, the clubs will make millions etc. then down the track we will find out everyone’s actually getting screwed.

And too bad for anyone living west or North of of the city/Geelong.

Let me guess, it’ll be sold as great for fans, the clubs AFL will make millions etc. then down the track we will find out everyone’s actually getting screwed.

Fixed.

Should look at possibly building a boutique stadium at the showgrounds.

Train line - Check
Parking - Check

They should bulldoze the MCG and build a 160,000 stadium to cater for our ever increasing population. And have inbuilt giant tarps that come out to turn it into a 60,000 or 30,000 seat stadium for smaller games.
Port were onto something and they didn’t get the credit they deserved.

They should build a new AFL owned 160,000 seat stadium in a growth area… like say Waverly.

jeez that went well.

What’s happened at Collingwood that Eddie is trying to distract attention from?
“Hey look over here a big stupid idea!”

Should look at possibly building a boutique stadium at the showgrounds.

Train line - Check
Parking - Check

Travelling to the footy by riverboat? Priceless.

fogdog is right. Great idea from Fat Eddie. He should go ahead with it — invest some of his TV money in it.

Maybe Collingwood, and the other top 7 clubs should break away from the Arsole FL and form a rival competition while he’s at it…

I didn’t mind the idea…don’t need to bulldoze Etihad…just build some stands around Gosch’s paddock for 30k capacity…then when say dogs play freo…bang…use that stadium

I agree we need a boutique stadium (60k is not boutique), but why not upgrade already existing facilities in growth areas that are either serviced by good public transport infrastructure, or use it as an excuse to upgrade those lines.

Investing in Simonds Stadium, Visy Park for a 30-40k stadium makes way more sense. Even upgrading Eureka Stadium in Ballarat to hold 20k-25k makes more sense than stuffing a football stadium in the middle of Olympic Park precinct.

If they were to build a new stadium the logical places to put it would be around the E-Gate rail yards. Even out near TVSC makes more sense provided they build a train line out to the airport that would directly service the stadium.

New stadiums like this idea should be used to assist growth in new areas and to decongest overextended areas, not make them worse. I honestly thought this was April Fools day prank article until I realised it was March still. It just defies all logic.

Too many problems.

Let’s look at Hisense Arena. This venue holds netball, basketball, parts of the tennis, cycling and some concerts. The time it would take to have it relocated to where Eddie wants it creates a logistical nightmare.

Already the precinct suffers significant gridlock issues with the set-up as it now is. Punt Road and Olympic Boulevard are at a standstill far too much to make it work.

I think No. 5 makes sense. Why not redevelop Princes Park? To make that place work would cost much less than any new development would ever cost. Heck, the Government can come to the party by restoring the train line that used to run at the top of Princes Park itself (and ran to Fitzroy) - to do that would require running a line off the Upfield line at Royal Park.

Cos Sydney Rd is fantastic right? Or the awesome PT to get there.

Too many problems.

Let’s look at Hisense Arena. This venue holds netball, basketball, parts of the tennis, cycling and some concerts. The time it would take to have it relocated to where Eddie wants it creates a logistical nightmare.

Already the precinct suffers significant gridlock issues with the set-up as it now is. Punt Road and Olympic Boulevard are at a standstill far too much to make it work.

I think No. 5 makes sense. Why not redevelop Princes Park? To make that place work would cost much less than any new development would ever cost. Heck, the Government can come to the party by restoring the train line that used to run at the top of Princes Park itself (and ran to Fitzroy) - to do that would require running a line off the Upfield line at Royal Park.

There is a station at Royal Park. There is absolutely NO parking, traffic is already freaking awful and the ground is awful.

It would only be good if you live in the inner North.

Can they redevelop Box Hill oval? It is easy to get to. I don’t know it’s dimensions and whether there is enough space around it, I never go there.

Too many problems.

There is a station at Royal Park. There is absolutely NO parking, traffic is already freaking awful and the ground is awful.

It would only be good if you live in the inner North.

That particular station is too much of a distance to walk to and from.

If the line across top end of Princes Park was rebuilt, the cost of it would be minimal as opposed to another stadium in Yarra Park. The distance to walk to the ground from there is only just a bit more than it is to the MCG and Etihad.

Why not just re-develop windy hill and kick the bowls club out. Problem solved. I wish i could of seen at least 1 essendon game there.

Look, can we finally do this, and have 2 seperate games of football played simultaneously.

Imagine the atmosphere ?
Like multi ball at the Pinnies, only better !

Im looking up a well at two ar$es fighting over a sultana.

Look, can we finally do this, and have 2 seperate games of football played simultaneously.

Imagine the atmosphere ?

Will umps pay the fifty if you run across the mark of someone in the other game? Would be a good way to strategically advantage the team that's less of a threat to you. You could also play through one wing to flood one forward line of the other game.

The double centre bounce at the start of the game would be awesome - two adjacent bounces and 16 guys in the centre square.

Imagine the atmosphere ?

We need to go deeper