EFC Active Area now on sale

I might be dumb, but what the hell is a ‘Capo’

A capo is the essentially the “leader” of the group. In soccer the capo leads the terrace in the chants, often is the middle man between the fans and club, ororganization of making tifos(pull overs) banners flags.

Quoted Post

I might be dumb, but what the hell is a 'Capo'

Watch ‘The Godfather’.

Quoted Post

Alright rapid fire response, here we go:
  • When we presented to the AFL, they indicated that we were the only club doing this and they are interested in supporting us where needed and using as a bit of a test case.

Gill McLachlan was interviewed the other day from the SuperBowl. The discussion was about the how good the Yanks put on a show for SuperBowl week. Gill mentioned how Essendon were doing something new and exciting. Guess this is it.

Quoted Post

Seriously though.

You guys need to get a blimp in the shape of a bomber, with a camera on it, and it can drop ping pong balls with prizes into the crowd, or dog poo on the opposition.

Also those compressed air bazookas and shoot hot dogs into the crowd like they do in the states.

Like the blimp idea. Some suggestions…

This one,… without the 1st “D”…

This one,…

…with “Whatever it Tacos” written on it.

This one should put the fear of God into the AFL…

…as would this …

& these …

But the winner for mine …

The capo is a time demanding role. They just don’t turn up in match day, they usually organise weekly meetings with the active fans to work on chants for the up coming game and banners (and in Aleague case, talk about flare issue)

We’ll need 1 capo and a couple of “assistants”. You have one assist lang next to the capo and another 1 or 2 spread amongst the crowd in the area to get if going from all angles.

A reply to: @rossoneri regarding QuoteLink

The capo is a time demanding role. They just don't turn up in match day, they usually organise weekly meetings with the active fans to work on chants for the up coming game and banners (and in Aleague case, talk about flare issue)

We’ll need 1 capo and a couple of “assistants”. You have one assist lang next to the capo and another 1 or 2 spread amongst the crowd in the area to get if going from all angles.

For such a small area compared to the North Terrace or the RBB 2 assistants would be prefect. You wouldn’t need more than 2.

It would be awesome if a flare was ripped on day one.

The Capo better have better chants organised than those idiot Fanatics at the tennis. My god, for such an established group their chants are lame.

@RyanMcKee

Some years back now I had a really bad experience with the membership department at EFC. This was back in the time when they actually changed the name of the “Membership” department to the “Client Services Division”. I’m sure with your marketing skillz I don’t have to go in to the reasons why that was ridiculously offensive and just plain dumb. I felt alienated enough to not renew my membership because of it and it’s been that way since.

I’ve noticed since you came on board Ryan that the club is actually making a conscious effort to value their supporters, consult with them and genuinely look after them. Coupled with the solidarity (shown from both parties) between club and supporter base over the whole ■■■■■■ “ERMAGERD!! DRugZ!!!1one!!”, It now genuinely feels like a football club again, not a business that has “clients”.

Despite living interstate, I think I’ll be getting a membership again this year for the first time since 2004.

Well done to you and your team, Ryan. I no longer feel that I love the team but don’t like the club.

Quoted Post

The Capo better have better chants organised than those idiot Fanatics at the tennis. My god, for such an established group their chants are lame.

They’re more than pathetic. All songs should be ticked off by blitz if you ask me. Hopefully don’t end up with a complete numbskull as capo either (no one from the cheersquad in the last 20 years). Was tempted to put my hand up but couldn’t commit but hopefully we have a capable group because it could make a real improvement to our atmospheres

EDIT. Also fully endorse Dingus’ comments, Ryan you’re doing a sensational job

A reply to: @riley13 regarding QuoteLink

Quoted Post

They’re more than pathetic. All songs should be ticked off by blitz if you ask me. Hopefully don’t end up with a complete numbskull as capo either (no one from the cheersquad in the last 20 years). Was tempted to put my hand up but couldn’t commit but hopefully we have a capable group because it could make a real improvement to our atmospheres

I think the capo should be a member of either Melbourne Victory’s North or South Terrace or Melbourne City’s Melburnians. Experience with active support is a must for the capo or it will turn into something cringe worthy like the fanatics.

Like riley i’d love to do it but can’t commit.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Experience with active support is a must for the capo or it will turn into something cringe worthy like the fanatics.

Like the cheersquad.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I think the capo should be a member of either Melbourne Victory’s North or South Terrace or Melbourne City’s Melburnians. Experience with active support is a must for the capo or it will turn into something cringe worthy like the fanatics.

Like riley i’d love to do it but can’t commit.

I’m in the same boat. Plus, I am a very grumpy person so you won’t want me leading the chants when we are losing.

Quoted Post

Like riley i'd love to do it but can't commit.
Plus people would keep asking you to stand up when you already were.

@RyanMcKee i thought i read somewhere that Collingwood was doing something like this?

Are we starting a firm?

Article up on the EFC site http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/new-active-area-launched-for-2015

One bit I was interested in was “The club is also looking for an organising committee/capo for this section to work in partnership with the club on chants and banners. If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at [email protected]

The club don’t have to sign off on chants do they?

Quoted Post

Article up on the EFC site http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-02-06/new-active-area-launched-for-2015

One bit I was interested in was “The club is also looking for an organising committee/capo for this section to work in partnership with the club on chants and banners. If you are interested in getting involved, please email us at [email protected]

The club don’t have to sign off on chants do they?

Your sister is your mother…

No problems gaining official approval I wouldn’t have thought.

A Natalie Edwards on the AFL site gave bomberblitz a mention. We’re famous!