EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Nick off mate. This is an Essendon forum.

9 Likes

It was a 21-way tie.

Langford was second with zero goals.

4 Likes

Oh dear, Mrs Bomb will not be pleasedā€¦

Sleep well Bombers. Big day tomorrow.

6 Likes

Most goals D Smith >3 and first goal. Bookmark it to th bank.

I am quite convinced and absolutely certain that I have no idea what is going to happen tomorrow night

4 Likes

One thing Iā€™m pretty certain of is we need belly to perform. Jacobs is one of the best, we need to break even. If the likes of Gibbs, crouch and Sloane are given a armchair ride by sauce we will be in serious trouble. Need a big game out of tommy to break even at least

10 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for start like the one we had against Port.

Reckon Stinger will kick the first and send the crowd into a frenzy

1 Like

Big question: what will give up first- our defensive pressure or the newly laid turf?

6 Likes

Defenaice pressure? Have you seen the defence we named?

Have you seen the forwards they have named? The outs largely cancel ech other out.

1 Like

Starts from the midfield. Our guys run two ways and itā€™ll make Adelaideā€™s scoring difficult minus walker and lynch

Il give you Ambrose for Hartley. Big loss imo

But do you really think we lose that much from mcneice and Gleeson, to dea and brown? Thatā€™s a break even imo

Thereā€™s no excuse tomorrow night. I think we should win with the teams named.

5 Likes

Defence - as in the around the ground defence.

As for the backline - sure itā€™s down on our best back 6, but McGrath will / can go back. McKenna will of course. And Hooker is a good one to call up. But as WOB says - itā€™s what we do all around the ground that will determine how little or how much pressure our backline is under. Itā€™s not best 22 for either side.

I calling the turf to pack it up by 3/4 time.

Mackay, Gibson, Sloane, crouch, Gibbs, Douglas Atkins Ellis-yolman

Zaharakis, Merrett, Heppell, Smith, parish, mcgrath Langford stringer

Who bats deeper in the midfield? I reckon we do.

Have you seen their named fwd line?

We actually match up very well IMO

B: Saad Hartley Hurley
F: Betts Jenkins Fogarty

HB: Dea Brown McKenna
HF: CEY McGovern Murphy

Hurley will get an 18yr old kid in his first game so should beat him whilst also helping out Brown / Hartley who themselves arenā€™t playing on stars of the comp.

McKenna has rookie lister Murphy who is really there for his defensive pressure not him being dangerous on goals & who is also debuting.

Cam Ellis Yolmen is an inside mid, not quick nor has great skills, Dea seemingly works as a physical match up & has a lot of experience.

Iā€™m not worried about our back 6 compared to their fwd 6 at all.

Itā€™s the Jacobs / Sloane / MCrouch /Gibbs foursome that is our main concern. If our midfield can win enough footy against those guys and pressure them enough we can knock the Crows off.

10 Likes

Just wondering if anyoneā€™s got 2 spare tickets for tomorrowā€™s game? Tickets sold out on ticketmaster. Looks like its gonna packed.

If youā€™re a Telstra customer, log in and click on ā€˜Thank-Youā€™.
You will be re-directed to the ticketmaster site in a special area whereby Telstra customers can purchase seats.

At the moment there are approx 20-25 left on lvl 3 behind the goals about half way up (row L & M)

Cost = $20

3 Likes

My worry is we lost Ambrose, McNiece and Myers at training last week - You should barely lose a player all year attraining.

Game day baby! Fire up

6 Likes