Electric Motor Vehicles

There is a scheme where an owners Corp has to pay very little for an ev charger.

Basically it becomes a user pays charger and those who use it get billed back, a nice little earner for the apartment block with the middle man company in between handling the accounts taking a fee then passing back the money to the body Corp.

Would need though a few cars using the charger in the apartment coMplex and I’m guessing everyone wants it in the evening.

1 Like

My council is working through that now. I suspect they will issue parking permits for EVs to use the chargers and make the spots like 2 hour spots permit only.(or whatever an average charge is)

1 Like

Polestar must read BBlitz !

2 Likes

What about where you work ?

When I started to look, it seemed that Polestar was releasing upgrades in dribs and drabs and was still a long way behind some of its competitors.

It gets rated highly by the experts, and the latest models seem to have good features, over Kia and Mazda.

And a 540 km range is good, guess it weighs so much because it has a bigger battery. Slightly more range than Tesla.

1 Like

How’s you find the cockpit?

I thought it looked nice, but was too narrow and lots of plastic that would scratch easily. Also places where lots of ■■■■ and dust might be hard to remove.

Yep it is a bit narrow and the centre console is higher than most. I didn’t look closely at quality of trim.

1 Like

at home? same issue

Would you consider a phev? They can charge fully overnight from a standard plug. They’ll only give you 50-70kms of pure EV range, which might cover your daily commute, but they usually run on about half the consumption of 1st gen hybrids when in combined EV/ICE mode.

The big benefit is the ability to comfortably venture into the country without having to worry about where the charging stations are and whether they are working.

i have, but there’s not a lot of leeway in the “no charging options”, specifically around the “no”

i don’t think there’d be much resale value for those bad boys in 10ish years. would just have to run it until its dead i suppose.

charging is a concern in the inner 'burbs, especially for those without off street parking. and range is a concern for outer 'burbs and regional areas. market is gonna be a hard nut to crack for manufacturers.

if you want an electric vehicle just get a mobility scooter to go from your bed to your desk

2 Likes

I just watched the carsales.com.au YouTube videos again for the Polestar 2 and the EV6, and, while they were complimentary about the Polestar, it struck me that you paid a significant premium to spec up the Polestar to the level of a similarly priced EV6. Things that are standard in the RWD EV6, you have to pay for in the Polestar.

I’d far prefer the infotainment and driver info screens in the EV6 too.

But…with only 500 EV6 available in 2022, it may just come down to availability.

And my prejudices against Musk (who, after all, is a white South African, and for me, a gold-plated douchebag) completely exclude any Tesla as an option.

If he pays zero tax and has $US44bn to spend on Twitter, then just pay your ■■■■■■■ tax, you Trumpist ■■■■.

1 Like

i’m gonna turn this burn around by getting one and then sending you a thank-you card for the terrific idea

1 Like

I’m intrigued by the Cupra models available here soon. Good price point and power.

look forward to seeing you on the road

Model 3 should be the standard 3 mth lead time with all Teslas now as they have worked through their backlog.

My old man has one - was skeptical at first and now after 2 years he is planning his upgrade to a Model S.

Watch for the BYDs. Tesla want to switch to their batteries. Strange names but product is good.

Almost got taken out by one in Bali the other day. Mad scooter ■■■■■ everywhere but stealth geriatric cut me off going max pace.

Maybe be second biggest electric car seller behind tesla by end of the year.