Elimination Final vs Footscray - Sunday 3 September 2017 @ North Port Oval - 83 unpaid tackles

That’s a more measured statement that I probably agree with.

Well that was some A-grade bullshit.

3 Likes

No argument there

1 Like

Going to be a few guys drafted from the vfl side again. I doubt many teams send as much talent to the afl from their supp players like we do. Hind and Boyse are two that we’ll see on lists somewhere next year.

1 Like

@Houli_Dooley

Reckon you lads are a bit harsh. The correct technique in that circumstance is to grab the arm. He tried to.

Smith has made a career out of being hard.

2 Likes

Guys. It’s VFL. I can only imagine how high your blood pressure must be if youre losing your mind over VFL.

1 Like

The only good news is I collected on the 10000000000 to 1 wager. Darby was ■■■■■■ good.

FFS

Only ourselves to blame

Kicking with the wind in the last (may have died down according to some)

No talking between Boyse and Clarke costing us a shot at goal

Younan playing on and missing when Smack had the set shot

Morgan’s turnover (to be fair he was good all game) and NOB not doing enough to get the ball over the line for a point

To be clear, I was pretty happy with what I saw with some of our first and second year players. I also think if the draft is weak we should pull the pin on Hind and Boyse early, but fk me…to lose a final like that is nothing short of fking depressing

Absolute shithouse

1 Like

Unpopular view - just don’t see it with Francis. Want to. Would love to. But don’t. Sorry.
Flame away…

Mediocre Essington.

Scrape into the finals and get knocked out after a week.

Now we just need to wait to watch it all again next week.

Oh well- thought they had their chances but just seemed off at the start of the last quarter. Hopefully the big boys can go one better at the weekend!

Yeh I agree, the odd glimpse is all you ever get with him. If he wasn’t a pick 6 he would be in trouble.

Where was Langford in the 2nd half? Should be a match winner - but he never is!

This is just the warm up to next Saturday.
Different game similar result I’m afraid.

2 Likes

He had several poor efforts today, especially in marking contests. Really disappointing.

If more of the side showed the intent Howlett did all day it’s a different result.

Yep, nothing more predictable than Essendon VFL and AFL side losing the first week of finals.

He was great, has only played 6 games I think and was outplaying Boyd with ease. Looks very composed.

3 Likes

GOALS: McKernan 3, Boyse 2, Younan 2, Hind, O’Brien, Mutch, Morgan, Howlett, Langford
DISPOSALS: O’Brien 25, Howlett 22, Mutch 21

Edit: doesn’t look right, qouted from vfl twitter

On the half back line we gave up multiple goals with calamitous turnovers…

On the half forward line we couldn’t contest an aerial ball to save ourselves, especially after Francis went down…

Moving ahead, I was pretty happy with the signs from our kids.

I feel the same. Admittedly I haven’t seen much of him. But he still seems a mile off it. Would be a big surprise if he lines up in the AFL round 1 next year.