Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
He was a ■■■■■.

Quoted Post

I wrote ■■■■■.

Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

Seriously? You ****.

I’m disgusted too. Why did it put **** for dude?

hahaha… s-p-u-n-k doesn’t mean the same thing here as it does (did?) in Europe.

Quoted Post

hahaha... s-p-u-n-k doesn't mean the same thing here as it does (did?) in Europe.

You’re spoofing us, surely!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
hahaha... s-p-u-n-k doesn't mean the same thing here as it does (did?) in Europe.

You’re spoofing us, surely!

■■■ again?

I still don’t understand what’s wrong :frowning:

Quoted Post

Spent part of my lunch (tea for you guys) break thinking about Elvis. Wondering what could have happened if he'd lived.

The tendency is to think about the good stuff that might have happened if he got himself fit, forgetting that he’d still be contracted to Parker, and he’d still have the same people forcing him to constantly tour.
But if he could have broken out of all that…

He’d have been 50 when Live Aid was on.
He’d have been the oldest Travelling Wilbury, but not by much.
You know Michael Jackson would have wanted to do something with him.

Legal or otherwise?

l tend to hope he would have teamed up with someone like Bowie or Lou Reed, who would have re-engineered his style. Out of the white jumpsuits, ditch the glitz, and get back into the black leather bike jacket.

Quoted Post

Suspicious Minds.

Agreed!!!

One of my favorite artists from the 60s.

I’ll Remember You from his Hawaii concert is my favorite of all time. A relatively unknown song unless you are a big fan.

Some other ballads to listen to are You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me, My Boy, Can’t Help Falling in Love, Don’t, Love Me, I Want You I Need You I Love You, Words, If I Can Dream and Separate Ways.
Also worth checking out Surrender, Paralysed, Polk Salad Annie and She’s Not You for those more upbeat songs.
There are some good live versions of Lawdy Miss Clawdy.
Gotta a Lot of Livin to Do.
How Do You Think I Feel has a very Hawaiian summer song feel.
Surrender always had a James Bond song feel to it. Not sure if it did get that far.
Strangely, I prefer his version. If Unchained Melody.

Of his crap movies, I used to find Frankie & Johnny okay to watch, but now all of the movies are just utterly crap.

Trouble goes alright as well.

I really do prefer his early stuff.
So much swagger in this.

Quoted Post

I’ll Remember You from his Hawaii concert is my favorite of all time. A relatively unknown song unless you are a big fan.

Some other ballads to listen to are You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me, My Boy, Can’t Help Falling in Love, Don’t, Love Me, I Want You I Need You I Love You, Words, If I Can Dream and Separate Ways.
Also worth checking out Surrender, Paralysed, Polk Salad Annie and She’s Not You for those more upbeat songs.
Surrender always had a James Bond song feel to it. Not sure if it did get that far.

Of his crap movies, I used to find Frankie & Johnny okay to watch, but now all of the movies are just utterly crap.

His movies were always crap.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Should have clarified. I meant musically. Outside of Viva Las Vegas, the there isn't much I remember liking.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Should have clarified. I meant musically. Outside of Viva Las Vegas, the there isn't much I remember liking.
Since we are clarifying, l am talking about his movies from the POV of movies. Utter rubbish.

I have to say l have always enjoyed the movie “Flaming Star”.

As for songs “If l can dream” for me.

“And while I can think, while I can talk
While I can stand, while I can walk
While I can dream, please let my dream
Come true, right now
Let it come true right now
Oh yeah”

Let this sorry saga end right now

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

When I was about 11 or 12 there was usually an Elvis movie on a Saturday afternoon in the summer.

I remember loving Viva Las Vegas, and the one other that I ‘don’t recall’ what it was called. He was a soldier based in Germany and had the song Wooden Heart.

I had no idea so many people knew so much about Elvis! You guys are impressive.
The other week I watched one of his movies on TV - Fun in Acapulco.
Ha ha it was as corny as buggery but I actually enjoyed it. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it was Ursula Andress’s first movie (hubba hubba). I love how Elvis’s hair always had to be perfect during the movie, even after he dives off the cliff into the ocean. Come onnnnnn! :slight_smile:

I actually liked a lot of his movies growing up, as having a B/W TV for many years no particular order

1. Love Me Tender , always made me cry

2. Speedway, didn’t have many great songs but it had Elvis in racing cars

3. King Creole, There’s a man in New Orleans
    Who plays rock and roll
    He’s a guitar man
    With a great big soul
    He lays down a beat
    Like a ton of coal
    He goes by the name of King Creole

You know he’s gone, gone, gone
Jumpin’ like a catfish on a pole
You know he’s gone, gone, gone
Hip-shaking King Creole

1. GI Blues, I’ve got those hup, two, three, four
    Occupation G. I. Blues
    From my G. I. Hair to the heels of my G. I. Shoes
    And if I don’t go stateside soon
    I’m gonna blow my fuse

Kid Galahad with Elvis as a boxer was good too.
Interestingly l don’t think Elvis sings in Flaming Star apart from the title track which is not part of the movie only played over the credits. His best acting performance by far.