English Premier League 2018/19

Jack Grealish is going nowhere this summer. If Villa eventually go back down or if things look incredibly bleak by the new year, the club might mutually decide to cash in come January. Villa fans won’t begrudge him a shot at bigger things after he stayed at the club last summer.

2 Likes

Finally Hazard has farked off to Real. With their transfer ban, hopefully the rent boys implode next season.

5 Likes

Chelsea have lodged an appeal…

That would be more than nice.

2 Likes

Fark chelsea!

1 Like

A release clause is pretty meaningless when Zidane has essentially told him to GTFO.

And on Chelski’s transfer ban - oh no, they might have to rely on one or two of their 900 players out on loan.

3 Likes

Exactly, hence the point I made about RM (reportedly) offering him up to Spurs on loan. The suggested loan fee of 10m pounds could be low enough for Levy to bite.

The release clause comment was a moot point, as Bale was never worth anywhere near that amount anyway. Release clauses have become kinda silly in recent times. 1 billion euros for Ronaldo at one point. More than the total GDP of some countries. Never designed to be paid, I know. All about protecting their assets. RM eventually dropped it to 100m odd, in order to facilitate his sale to Juventus. Plenty of examples out there of release clauses ending in embarrassment for all parties (cough, Luis Suarez to Arsenal).

Back on Bale, I understand that the Spurs were extremely astute when they first sold him to RM - adding a ‘first-refusal option’ to his contract (this option ironically expires this month). So, the Spurs have been able to effectively block any sale of Bale to another PL club (until 30th June anyway). Time has almost run out, so it doesn’t matter now. I am hearing that Inter are keen on Bale, so if the offer for Spurs to take him on loan still stands and they are keen on him, they would need to move quickly on it.

1 Like

Fairly certain he came out when they won promotion and said he isn’t going anywhere this season

Rafa leaving Newcastle at the end of the month.

Unless Ashley sells the club soon, they’ll be in a relegation battle without Rafa.

I thought a few months ago he was going to sell it to an oil shiek of something?

That’s what I thought too. What’s happened to that?

Slightly off topic but been reported San Siro will be demolished to make way for a new stadium.

There are some grounds you can’t demolish, and this is one of them.

Of all grounds I’ve visited, this one nearly made the hairs on the back of the neck standing up walking onto the ground for a tour.

Real shame, glad I got to visit it after seeing it on TV for so long since a kid.

2 Likes

Great stadium. Concrete seats, can still smoke at your seat, the spiral stairs as well. The toilet which is basically just a hole in the floor.

Glad I got to watch a game there, real old school stadium.

You just walk in and think of all the history and the memories of this place when you look around, the fact it hasn’t been renovated since Italia 1990 adds to it.

1 Like

A mate of mine from Newcastle said the other day that it is unlikely to happen. Nobody has the details of why

Chelsea given permission by Derby County to speak to Frank Lampard regarding the vacant managerial position…

We are farked now that Benitez is gone and Ashley still hasn’t sold up

Did you let off some flares? :grinning:

Yeah big piece of Italian football history it’s a bit of a shame

2 Likes