English Premier League 2018/19

Spurs will miss his set pieces imo.

This just happened in a so-called “friendly” between Sevilla and Liverpool in Boston. Disgusting challenge on a young kid. Thankfully no serious injury sustained.

1 Like

Prick should be banned from the Game for life.

So it turns out this whole thing was a fake. Paddy Power is a sponsor of Huddersfield, but they’re starting a campaign for unsponsored shirts. Home kit is instead:

I realised Man Utd have well and truely become Essington in the transfer window. The richest club in the world in terms of profit is trying to save money and fast going to put their new manager in a position to well and truely battle for relegation.

And we are about to sign Joelinton for 40 mill. Currently been spotted at st James park. We never spend 40 mill lol. Can Ashley fark off already anyway

1 Like

I’d say it is more like the market is over inflated and as soon as we are interested in any player the other club thinks: “Oh. Man United want one of our players? £100mil thanks!”

All bigs clubs have to overpay, it’s just the nature of the beast

With the squad that we have right now I can’t seeing us do any better than 6th, ole will be gone by Christmas

Look at Nabi Fekir, just signed for Real Betis in Spain for 30 Million Euros. Last year he was linked to a move to Liverpool for more than twice the fee. And I bet if we were in for him again the price would’ve been up around the 50-60 Million mark.

2 Likes

Not sure it’s a perfect example given his injury concerns. Remember it was because of injury that our offer was pulled at the last minute. It looks like this decision is vindicated on the fact no other club was willing to pay close to what we offered - meaning the injury worries are very real.

But didn’t he play pretty much the whole of last season?

Yep he did. My understanding is that it’s a lingering old injury to his knee and the concern is that he might just breakdown completely one day.

Fair enough. It could be more of a long term thing than a day to day thing that would suggest why he played most of last season but may not be playing the same volume of games in 5 years.

1 Like

He didn’t have a great season either. Certainly not one that would get him a move to a “big” club

But the point is, if you don’t pay, you are completely putting you club in a position to drop down even further down the ladder. Not to mention Ole took Cardiff to relegation.

So 15 million pounds is nothing for a club like United. Why play hardball and missing out and completely risking it. They absolutely need a good centre back and 2×midfielders or they will finish below teams like Leicester, Wolves etc.

If you are in a position of strength like City or Liverpool, you can pick and choose. They’ve absolutely blown it in the last two end of season windows.

United looked pretty good beating Spurs to take 4th place in the ICC table tonight.

Pepe from Lille to Gunners looks like going through. Pretty fair coin - good addition I reckon - Arsenal supporters should be looking forward to what he could produce in the Prem.

1 Like

I won’t lie, I was thinking our window was going to be terrible. Now it is looking like our best one that I can remember.
Saliba
Ceballos
Pepe?
Tierney?

The young Brazilian Martinelli also.

A front three of Auba, Lacazette and Pepe is going to trouble some defenders.

1 Like

I forgot about Martinelli.

1 Like