English Premier League 2018/19

Wtf is he whinging about now? You reckon he’s trying to get himself sacked without the season having started?

3 Likes

COYI!!!

2 Likes

Shaqiri’s goal wasn’t too shabby at all. The Reds dominated possession & put Man U to the sword. Always great to see.

1 Like

Mourinho: “It’s Liverpool first team vs Manchester United kids.”

Average age of Liverpool’s XI: 25
Average age of Man Utd’s XI: 26

Full-time: Liverpool 4-1 Man Utd

:rofl:

2 Likes

He’s setting the narrative IMO in case things go pear shaped. Complaining about Liverpool spending money, saying it was “Liverpool’s first team v Man Utd’s academy” even though the squad he picked had a higher average age than ours. Whilst Klopp praised the crowd and the atmosphere, Jose said he wouldn’t pay money to watch the game. When someone asked about Alexis struggling up front, he said that it was because of a lack of quality around him. Way to make your younger players feel positive about themselves…

4 Likes

All he’s doing is trying to get Woodward to pull his finger out and get more quality into the squad and rightfully so as a number of teams will go past us by the time the window closes if things remain the same and yet we seem to be doing absolutely nothing in the market besides looking to spend an unforgivable amount of money on Harry Maguire who is a player on the same level as Smalling/Jones and isn’t going to be taking us anywhere.

We still need a backup striker, a winger and a left back and yet we are going after Harry Maguire.

Lunacy.

Maguire is better can actually pass it forward.

A director of football would be nice.

This game was a meaningless friendly wasn’t it?

Not to scousers

1 Like

That doesn’t make him worth £65m.

Take out of it what you will, just pointing out Mourinho being a miserable ■■■■. He takes the joy out of football.

3 Likes

Tbh I always loved miserable ■■■■ interview s

It’s pre-season and he’s already whinging. What’s he gonna be like during the actual season? I doubt any supporters would be feeling upbeat about the new campaign listening to him moan constantly…

3 Likes

under promise over deliver.

remember you going on about the ‘2nd best team in the premier league’

how’d that work out for you?

Still reckon we are. We had to prioritise the Champions League because we didn’t make an early exit in that competition, and as a result our League form was a bit patchy towards the end of the campaign not having a deep squad. We certainly play far superior football, Man Utd are just an expensive Stoke or West Brom. Bypass midfield, lump it up to Lukaku. Plan B is bring on the clown and pump long balls at him. Given the fact you have a £90 Million midfielder, a £75 striker and a bloke on £500K a week and they play like a lower league club is very amusing.

I’m pleased with our transfer activity. Keita we had signed this time last year but to have him in now with Fabinho gives our midfield more dynamism and probably better defensive quality. Can leaving is probably not going to be felt that much. Allison in means that both Karius and Mignolet are not first choice which is a big relief. Shaq is a good signing as a squad player, as we saw this morning he can produce some magic which is what you want as a bench player. If we can get Fekir or Pulisic (who has basically put out a “please come get me” to Klopp) to round it off, that is a wonderful window. We now have a squad deep enough to handle all 4 competitions. I see us above Spurs and Man Utd now. City are still the team to beat clearly. Wonder how they will follow up last year having got a PL record points tally.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Just released now…

Echoes the thoughts you posted earlier, Smooth. They should pay you. :laughing:

1 Like

You guys with your arguments.
Just accept Spurs are better than both of you and be done with it.

Actually was reading yesterday some big bets have been laid about Harry moving to United before the start of the season.
I’m done with this thread if that takes place.

hi Sammy_hagar, never watched totteringham before.

is harry cain any good?