English Premier League 2018/19

This is the best Reds team for sometime, looking dangerous everywhere!

1 Like

@Europhoric youā€™ve even got this pelican scotty21 coming out of the woodwork.

2 Likes

Great to see us playing fast attacking football again.

Props to pogba I have got stuck into him but he has really shown his talent in the last few games

we are looking pretty good everywhere.

After watching the gunners game, the only concern I have at the moment is Robertson being caught out of position to far up field and the space in behind.

When teams were targeting TAA you can see henderson/fab playing more out that way to cover. Up until now Milner has been assisting well on the left, bt with him out of the team we donā€™t have another player that can help in the same way (on the left).

Will be interesting to see what Klopp does, Robertsonā€™s runs down the left are vital so I doubt he will curtail them, but what other option is there?

The City game will be telling, Sterling has been in form and with him running at Robertson it will either allow goals out the back or Robertson stays back and we lose drive.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in. :grin:

None. The ā€˜Scottish Braveheartā€™ has been excellent this campaign. He stays in for mine. The other option, Moreno, is a massive liability.

1 Like

Sign me up!

For the reasons you have outlined I hope Milner is fit to play against City. No doubt we will revert to a 4-3-3 to give Robertson cover. Shaqiri off the bench to provide the change up if needed.

2 Likes

iā€™m not suggesting removing him, Iā€™m trying to figure out how you can negate cityā€™s opportunities exploiting the space he leaves behind him.

Sane, sterling, silva, aguero, they will love the opportunity to play in the back there.

After watching some of the City v Southampton game, it looked like City were defending in a block deep and attacking the flanks on the counter.

Their defence is shaky at best so that will be a big gamble against our front 3/4, but at the same time if more than just stones learns how to defend for a game we could be exposed.

I hope we donā€™t.

I hope we stick with the 4-2-3-1 but instead of playing the CMs up field have them both play a bit more reserved. I would try out Fab and hendo as the reserved CMs as they can both defend , tackle and recycle possesion.

I would change Shaq for Keita to bolster the midfield

As Red said, if Milner is fit, he plays & Klopp will most likely go with a 4-3-3 formation with Hendo, Gini & Milner in the midfield.

Or will he surprise & go with a 4-2-3-1 formation & a Fab-Keita double pivot midfield shape? Fab prefers this, but Iā€™m guessing that Klopp wonā€™t start with this formation. Would be exciting to see it, though.

Bobby is hitting a rich vein of form & will trouble Stones. City have a number of headaches to deal with.

1 Like

Couldnā€™t ask for a better time slot for the Man City v Liverpool clash.

2 Likes

Harry Kane has now scored against every team in whose games he has participated in the Premier Leagueā€¦including Spurs.

Spurs and Arsenal have easy wins against minnows.

Did he score against Spurs playing with another team, or do you mean an own goal?

Own goalā€¦x 3

1 Like

Not for me. Iā€™m flying back home to the US at 10:30am on Friday. Wife staying back the additional week, so asking her to drop me off at the airport at 6am. Sit in the Qantas Lounge and watch game uninterrupted! :grin:

2 Likes

Hopefully the game lives up to the hype

Noonan starter following Kane during his loan spell AT THE MIGHTY DEN

Pulisic from Dortmund has signed for Chelsea, will remain at BVB for the rest of the season and make the move in the summer.

Have been in control most of the game but have only just scored thanks to Lukaku who had come on moments earlier