English Premier League 2018/19

How’d he miss that?

Liverpool v lucky to not be down 3 - 1

Playing the Comp leaders lifted MC out of their form slump & back into contention. They can build for the back half off that one.

Liverpool could’ve been 10 points clear with a win and now only lead by 4. Is this the beginning of the great Liverpool choke?

Oh well. Still 4 points clear, disappointing we didn’t have a bit more of a go but no shame to lose to the Champions at home. Bit of luck and we may have got a point and even won.

2 Likes

As much as I’d love it to be so I very much doubt it. First loss for the season and with a bit of luck still could have got something out of this one. They won’t drop too many more games IMO

I thought they played well, just were a bit unlucky.

For all of man city’s money and talent they were in full panic mode for the last 7 or so minutes. They couldn’t even keep the ball

If Liverpool had of drawn that, it would of broken city

Liverpool can also count themselves unlucky that kompany wasn’t sent off for his first half lunge. Seen that given as a straight red plenty of times

3 Likes

Liverpool have been on the right end of luck all year with Sturridge against Chelsea, Mahrez missing the penalty and Pickford in the derby…something had to go against them at some point.

Well, that sucked. Close match, but City capitalised on their chances. Well-played.

Reality check.

Oh, and Lovren is fortunate that his multiple mistakes never resulted in goals.

Went in with a defensive frame of mind & never applied enough pressure on their defense.

2 Likes

Be good to have Gomez back quick smart to provide some extra confidence down back. 4 points up with 17 to play. Other than United away the only matches left against the top 6 are Chelsea and Spurs at Anfield. Destiny is certainly in our hands. Fingers crossed today is used as motivation to drive the team towards the ultimate success.

1 Like

I’m just breaking some balls, they did play well and I cant see them losing too many more games if any tbh

1 Like

Klopp is a ripper. “If somebody would have told me that after both games against Man City this season that we’d be four points ahead at the top - I’d have paid for that!”

1 Like

Gives some ripping interviews that bloke. Put it behind us and get on with it. BTW, was it only me or did anyone else think that Mane looked tired? Rarely saw him make one of his trademark runs at their defense. Might be worth benching him for the Wolves match and starting with Shaq.

1 Like

The team for the FA Cup tie with Wolves will be much changed. I think they won’t be bothered if we get beaten, all about the league and CL…

1 Like

Hopefully, he will rest most of them.

Watched it earlier today.
Great game.

My thoughts afterward are that I can’t see either of those teams standing in the way of us winning the title.
Expecting us to go through undefeated now and both Liverpool and City to drop multiple points on the way home.

Going to be great - it’s been a long time between drinks for us.

8 Likes

I agree that Mane wasn’t at his best but he was a post width off giving us the lead. Think they closed down our space well which made it harder to get those free runs into space. Salah also wasn’t great given his lack of freedom.

11mm away from a point. Unlucky.

1 Like

That’s really a bit of a silly question. They were playing at City. City won the League last year by a street and they’re still that same team. They’ve had a bit of a form slump which they’ve snapped out of.

The Premier League this season will be a fight.

1 Like

Clearly