English Premier League 2018/19

Well Allison’s reign as “world’s most expensive goalkeeper” lasted all of about 2 weeks. Chelsea signing Athletic Bilbao’s Kepa (apt name!) for £71 Million. As a result Courtois has moved from Stamford Bridge to Real Madrid. All Man U fans take a massive sigh of relief that DDG is off their radar…

1 Like

If De Gea wanted to go to Madrid, it would have happened by now.

After they screwed up the first attempt I think they burnt their bridge.

And his performances for Spain haven’t helped

Daniel Arzani signs for Man City and then is sent out on a 2 year loan to Celtic.

Looks like he could be an amazing talent by Australian standards.

Looked like the only one who could create anything for us at the World Cup and he barely played.

5 Likes

Spain’s treated him like absolute dog ■■■■ because he’s not the real Madrid keeper.

Still trigggerrd by how we played in that. Totally not to our personnel.

2 Likes

Not one new signing for Spurs - not happy.

Everton did well on deadline day imo

1 Like

Doesn’t the transfer period usually continue for a few weeks into the season?

The financial restrictions of building the new ground will hurt more than the club were willing to publically admit. It greatly hampered us when we built too.

1 Like

PL teams signed off on shortening the window to the first game of the season instead.

I think the rest of Europe will do the same next season but it was moronic to sign off on it the year of a World Cup with players having extended breaks.

1 Like

This will just amp up the “Spurs need a trophy” talk. Because with everyone around them strengthening, if they miss out on champions league, miss out on trophies, you could easily see that team disintegrating.

1 Like

Weak as water by the board to not back Jose in this transfer window. Going to be a long long season now. Highly doubt we will make top 4

Not looking good.

As soon as the window closed, rumours came out that: “Woodward wouldn’t have hesitated to spend £100m on Varane!” Type bullshit.

The argument being that Alderweireld or big head from Leicester wouldn’t have been much of an improvement over what we already have.

How they rate Smalling/Jones I never know, wouldn’t have half a footballing brain between them.

Smalling and Jones play for England. That alone has me stumped.

Given the opening game is tomorrow morning our time, I think we might have to delve into our crystal ball for season predictions:

Champions: Man City
Runners-up: Liverpool
3rd-4th: Chelsea, Spurs
5th-6th: Man Utd, Arsenal
Relegated: Cardiff, Southampton, Huddersfield
Golden Boot: Kane
First Manager sacked: Mark Hughes (Southampton)

Anyone got a league? If not il share my code

Champions: man city
Runners up: Liverpool
3-4: Spurs,Arsenal
5,6: Chelsea and man united

Relegated: Huddersfield,Newcastle,Southhampton
Golden boot:Kane
First manager sacked: Hughes ( wouldn’t suprise me at all if Rafa told Ashley to get stuffed and walked out)

1 Like

Agree on Rafa. He’s not happy.

City by 15+ points
Chelsea
Liverpool
United
Spurs
Arsenal
Mourinho not to see out the season

weak as water for the board to not give him the boot if they don’t trust him with the funds.