English Premier League 2018/19

Hate is a very strong word. But a result like that vindicates Emery, and I’m glad for him because he’s a good manager and it’s always difficult taking over after a long managerial stint.

I don’t think anyone is questioning his use of Ozil. Most are the questions are why he doesn’t sell him if he’s not part of his plans. I would question his use of Ramsey though.

We had a similar situation with Emre Can. Pretty much common knowledge that he’d signed with Juve and Klopp still played him. As long as he is professional until the very end and doesn’t down tools I wouldn’t have much of an issue.

2 Likes

He hardly playing Ramsey though. This was Ramsey’s first start for a while.

I have nothing against Ramsey. In fact most Arsenal supporters love him and want to see him play the season out.

Phew job done Liverpool. Few nervy moments… 15 games to go? Hoping for miracle from Huddersfield tonight.

1 Like

I think the PL record winning margin (9-0) could be under threat if City are in the mood.

Yeah possibly. They are quite ruthless. Who knows though. Can always hope.

Good to see us get another 3 points, the Jose reign already seems a lifetime ago. Watching the highlights of the arsenal game- that was some goal by lacazette

Rashford’s goal was a corker. High quality

3 Likes

Man City donning the sash v Huddersfield

We got the 3 points but Dele Alli has done the hammy.
Big trouble now.

That’s a tonne of goal scoring missing now. Time to bring someone in, even on loan?

Just listened to a PL podcast and they made a very sound point about trying to find a replacement for Kane in that it’s almost impossible to buy someone in the market, pay upwards of 40-50 Million for a guy who is mainly going to warm the bench and only play when Kane is injured or due a rest. The situation is made more difficult with Son, who I rate very highly, away on Asian Cup duties, and now Dele Alli who is also injured and could have played a false-9 type role and occupied that central position in the front 3. Not sure what Spurs will do.

2 Likes

Do they still have that Dutch guy maybe Jansen (who I rated before he signed with Spurs but had an underwhelming season or two since signing for them)

Given the issues with the stadium, Spurs probably can’t afford to spend the bucks on an extra striker anyway.

What is going on there? We were supposed to be playing in the first game at the new stadium. Have they just shelved it for the rest of the season and playing all games at Wembley now?

5 Likes

That’s gold. I can imagine my parents doing exactly the same thing!

1 Like

Some ■■■■ actually ripped off 10 of a rando’s tweets, about a footballer being in a photo, and filed it as a “news” story?

That’s a new low.

Some Argentinean guy, just signed by Cardiff City, is missing in a light plane near the Channel Islands while flying to England.

Emiliano Sala, signed this week for €17m.