English Premier League 2018/19

You don’t mean, surely, that there’d be actual English players in those Man City teams?

Like Chelsea, their academy exists as a revenue stream for FFP purposes. Very few of them will actually make the grade at that club. Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea is a classic example. Bayern are looking at signing him as well as a few other PL sides. If they get a decent fee they can then re-invest that into buying a player. Sign kids in big numbers, hope they at least become decent enough to warrant someone buying them, and churn them through the system. Vitesse Arnhem in the Dutch League is pretty much full of Chelsea academy players on loan…

Liverpool will stop themselves winning it.

1 Like

4 Likes

trying to download Brian Clough talking about Murdoch and Maxwell, and struggling

I watched the Stevie G doco the other night. Fark that slip hurts him - as it hurts any Liverpool fan. Apparently he was playing that match after having an epidural in his back. He shouldn’t have played but the game just meant so much to him. Having grown up in Liverpool as a Liverpool fan, coming through the youth ranks and losing a cousin at Hillsborough he wanted nothing more than to win the premier league and he knew that was his last chance. Should he have played - probably not. But who was going to deny him the opportunity.

Clearly I am biased but I think of all players to have played in the Premier League era he deserved a title more than anyone else who hasn’t won one. He stuck fat with the club even when they treated him poorly by not keeping the quality of players around him to win a title. Despite this when big money came his way he knocked it back.

A true legend.

6 Likes

Not sure what you meant by this exactly, … but just in case, … and also for those who have no idea what you’re actually on about, …

Interesting discussion. Best players who never won a PL winners medal after a long career in England.Gerrard is right up there. Di canio, Zola, i always thought Pepe Reina was a fantastic keeper but never got proper plaudits becuase he normally had an average defence in front of him

Have dominated the game but fallen behind early in the second half

4-2 now

And Newcastle have just equalised with City

And Burnley seal it. Oh well the run was good whilst it lasted

And Newcastle take the lead

Newcastle have scored a second!!

United score 2 at the death to nick a point

Spoke too soon

Pool’s to lose now. City haven’t got the bottle for a fight

Easy win for Wolves. We looked class today.

RAFA.

Huge result for Liverpool but will be worth 0 if we don’t win tomorrow.

1 Like

When I saw City open the scoring after 1 minute I thought it would get ugly for the Toon, but WOWEE!! Big chance to go 7 clear tomorrow.