English Premier League 2018/19

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what you, me or any other fan wants.
Everyone is free to choose whether they will still support the club or not

Except for most in Saudi, Qatar and like Nations.

Aren’t you an Emirates frequent flyer and therefore a supporter of their regime :smiley:

No, but we are flying Qatar Airlines to Europe in May, and just flew United Airlines all around the Evil Empire.

Now I have no ethical quandary about flying Emirates or buying products from China or Cuba or any place in fact. But if a crooked Saudi Prince was buying the EFC then I would probably stop supporting them.

And if you cannot understand the difference, then that is why you vote Liberal and I don’t.

I’m intrigued by this because I see no difference. Surely giving money to these crooked regimes is the same as supporting a club that is owned by these same crooked regimes. A crook is a crook aren’t they?
And thankfully we haven’t gotten to that stage in the AFL yet where clubs are privately owned (many will argue that Fat Andy and Gil are bigger despots than the ME Sheiks though) :smiley:

Yeah. I don’t get the pedestal you’ve placed yourself on. You’re directly giving him money.

At the end of the day, I don’t think the Glazers would give a damn who they sell the club to. They’re businessmen, and their primary concern is money. If they sell for the reported fee, that’s a sizeable return on their investment. Personally, I don’t think this guy owning Man U means that the club as a whole condone his practices at all. It’s a business transaction, if the owners choose to sell to him, that’s their matter. As for fans boycotting the club or whatever, they can do that, but you know there’s millions more who’d bite your hand off if they were able to get a season ticket at Old Trafford. Man U are so big that it wouldn’t matter.

It’s a bit sad though that sporting clubs can be bought and sold like this. I think the last time a VFL/AFL club was under private ownership it would’ve been Edelsten and Sydney or Skase and the Brisbane Bears.

So already into the quarters of the FA Cup draw we have:
Watford
Brighton
Millwall
City
Wolves
Palace
Swansea
Chelsea v United tomorrow for the last spot but at this stage it looks like City’s to lose

Could you imagine if City drew the winner of tomorrows game?

That would be awesome for Wolves and the remaining teams in the comp, but surely it would force them to play a stronger lineup - could be meaningful in their title race as well. Sweet!

1 Like

Agree. When you fly Emirates, you are funding them. If they buy EFC and you buy a membership, you are funding them. It is up to you if you want to or not

What a fkn waste, I still cant believe we didnt turn up against Wimbledon.

If Millwall (which should have been west ham) avoid Chelsea/Utd and City, Im going to be even more disappointed.

Could not have asked for a more comfortable FA Cup draw and we spunked it up the wall, even Chelsea is more than fkn beatable.

Ah well, hopefully its an all Manchester Final or Chelsea v Millwall.

millwall vs city

MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

yawn

coffee

popcorn

Bang. Thats one.

Great ball in from Pogs, ripper.

1 Like

Fully expected you to boycott this Emirates FA Cup :rofl:

3 Likes

And Pogs gets a SECOND!! Wooot!!

MOTM just about sewn up already,… happy2

Cross from Rashford was perfect.

Great 1st half. Play that way for the next and we should be good.

Saudi’s > Russians :joy:

1 Like

Rash,… fk me, what a run